Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, September 28, 2017

My sesoned salt-not bad!

I made my own seasoned salt this morning and will say it isn't bad.  I had just a little bit left of the old seasoning which contains garlic, so I was able to compare the two.  I will have to say that the garlic adds a nice bit of flavor and it isn't too strong in the salt I was trying to replace.  I put my newly made version into the same container as the old and just shook it up a bit.   I think I would buy a small container of garlic salt except I wouldn't use more than a fraction of it before the "best used by" date, so I will probably leave things as they are.  I can always change my mind the next time I season a pork chop with the salt if I find the taste is lacking something.

I don't know about anyone else but I find I find myself sinking down into the dumps a little more each day.  I attribute it to the latest news about hurricanes and their damage, political news  which just keeps getting worse,  earthquakes and the probability of "the big one", etc.  My good news is that I appear to have gained about 2# according to the scale at the gym.  I am so thrilled about that, and look forward to adding a few more.   I'm certainly eating a lot, but it hasn't seemed to make a difference in the past. 

As I've mentioned, I like to look out my bedroom window at night to see what's up in the sky.    I've noticed there is never anything visible before midnight, which could be due to a cloud cover although I can't see clouds.  At about 1am the skies seem to come alive and the views until just before dawn are breathtaking.  I've always liked looking at the night skies but I can't remember being this excited about what I see, with the exception of when I lived in Ireland.  As I've mentioned before, I lived in a rural area at the end of a peninsula, surrounded by the sea on 3 sides, and the night skies were alive with stars.  It's the only time I can recall ever seeing the Milky Way in all its glory.  I think I will try to find my binoculars and see what a difference they might make.

I need to get moving and get to the gym.  I have walked a mile and a quarter every day this week and even did a mild workout yesterday.   It is more fun going with my daughter, but she can never make it before 5pm and I don't function well after Noon or 1:00pm these days. 


I hope everyone who is reading my blog has a good day.  Can you believe it's already Thursday and another weekend is rolling around?  My life is going by in fast motion these days, but hey, I'm just happy to still be able to get around!

4 comments:

  1. Your description of viewing the night sky and seeing the Milky Way have got me interested. I live in the city (Seattle). We rarely see the stars because of the lights and clouds. That is certainly on my bucket list. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the far eastern side of the city so maybe that has something to do with it. I don't have a clue why I don't see anything at all until after midnight - I know there are stars out there. I'll try to use my binoculars tonight and hope it opens up some new things to me. I hope you have a terrific weekend as well.

      Delete
  2. Wish I could get myself out to see the skies that late in the night. I'm really impressed that you don't have city light pollution that interfers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could be mistaken, but some city I've lived in mandated that street lights had to shine "out" only and not from the top. That would reduce quite a bit of light going upward into the skies. I only have a clear view of the night sky in the south & east however, West is downtown and there are all the businesses as well as freeways.

      Delete