Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, April 1, 2013

I'm hoping the rain holds off tomorrow when the man is going to work on my yard.  There are some other outdoor jobs that need to be done before the inspection that will probably occur by the end of this week or sometime during the next.  I can only do what I can do, and I'm not spending a lot on any minor things they come up with as my roof will be the next thing I'll have to take care of.  That and the tub/shower walls which need replacing.  I'm not picky and will be happy with a laminate for now and upgrade to tile later.

The following paragraph was lifted from an email I wrote to my oldest brother who reads my blog.   

"The dream of selling my house and driving off in an RV is a dream of escape, and according to the old saying, "Wherever you go, there you are" reminds me that I would still find problems and sadness no matter what.  Usually I can get past those times without letting them bother me so much."

I would love to be able to buy a small RV and use it for trips when I feel like taking them, but that isn't going to be an option for me at this time.

I had brunch at Joe's yesterday and dinner at Steve's, and tonight I have to cook for myself.  I could get used to having a cook!

Nothing else going on here - wish me some good weather tomorrow so I can get this yard work done.

I was horrified to hear of the 75 vehicle pile-up at the VA-NC line a couple of days ago.  I drove that interstate many times coming back home from NY, DC, and MD.  I often stopped overnight just before getting to the site where the accident took place, and it was ALWAYS foggy.  And people ALWAYS drove too fast.  I was often afraid I'd get rear-ended by a driver who didn't see me in time.



   

3 comments:

  1. You sound a lot like me, never satisfied with what you have. I'm trying very hard to be satisfied with this little house that we have but like yours, it has its problems and home ownership is costly. There's always something to do it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got hit the big issue on the nose, no matter what we do or where we go, we will always have ourselves along for the ride! So we have to learn to accept ourselves to enjoy the ride:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really hoping for dry weather and that you get that darn inspection over. How in the world did the previous owner ever pass with all the things you have had to fix?? Or is that why she gave it away??

    ReplyDelete