Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Trying to hang on

Cranky Gypsy here.

My daughter, Jeannie, drove me to see my doctor on Monday morning - she explained some of the blood test results and we talked about further tests.  I had a CT Scan that evening, and yet again my daughter came to the rescue.  We had to go to the main UCD Med hospital and it was difficult to find our way into the parking area, partly due to the fact that it was getting dark and we had never been there.  The scan results as well as further blood tests were available today.

All of the sudden I have so many appointments I need a secretary to keep up with all of them.  Tomorrow will be the gallbladder doctor (I may have gallstones); Monday will be a trip to Auburn CA to see the cardiologist, and I'm still waiting to be assigned an appointment with the endocrinologist and a couple other doctors I can't remember at this moment.  Oh yes, I decided to get the endoscopy which I really don't want to do.  I'll just have to put on my "big girl pants" and get it over with!

I did get a B-12 shot at the doctor's office on Monday, and if I'm getting some energy from it, it isn't hitting all at once but I have felt a little better each day since then.  I even hung several pictures in the living room that I've been wanting to get on the wall since I've lived here.

Anticipating that I may have to either give up coffee or drink decaf, I bought a 3# bag of organic decaf coffee beans and will mix them with the other regular coffee beans I have on hand.  By increasing the amount of decaf a little at a time, I think I can make it work.  I also bought some Clausthaler non alcoholic beer (less than 1% alcohol) and it is tolerable, although about double the price of my Miller High Life.  I told Jeanne she may have to help me finish off all the red wine I have on hand!  We are now working on a blend called "Tractor Shed Red".  Sounds like a redneck wine, doesn't it.  Not bad tasting at all.  I'm sure glad I tasted a lot of life's pleasures up until the last couple of years, although the best are my kids and grandkids and I still can enjoy them. 

So I will do what I can to find out what's wrong with me, but only up to a point.  When I've had enough of doctors, then I will just quit.

I probably won't post again until I get all these appointments out of the way, but who knows, Cranky Gypsy may have a word or two to say in the meantime.  Thanks to everyone who has written their concern.  I appreciate you all.  

13 comments:

  1. Way to go Gypsy! Knowledge of whatever problems you have is half the battle. Fighting the unknown is impossible. Hope all remaining appointments are easy, and the results are solvable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on all your tests. Don't forget to study for them (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with you Gypsy. Hope all turns out well for you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're doing some investigative work to find out what's wrong. Once you have the answer, then you can decide what you want to do. And you're right, grand kids are the best thing around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you said the kids and grandkids are what is important, so if the Dr. can do something to help you feel better then you will have more energy for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that you are "helping" the doctors get to the reason that you aren't feeling well. I have found----by experience---that sometimes the dread/fear of the testing is worse than the actual test. Hopefully the same will be true for you. In my life, the doctors have been the "good guys". Without their expertise, I'd have been gone long ago. Among several surgeries was gall bladder. Doc didn't even blink; I told him I was awake at night with big pain in the middle of my back. Immediately he knew. Sure hope you have such good results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear from you was getting worried. I had gallstones, bad and after my gallbladder was removed I felt a lot better. I hope it is something simple for you and nothing requiring surgery. I am glad you are willing to find out, or at least try. I will be thinking about you and keep us posted ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you have more energy and are going to try to find out what's going on....or at least as much as they can find out. This getting older seems to be less fun than it was when we were teenagers. :-)) I don't think anyone told me about this until I was it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I first started with B-12 shots it took me about three months before I really felt much better. I know it's not fun going to all these stupid appointments - seems that's all we do anymore around our house also. But we do want to be around as long as we can to enjoy the kids and hopefully someday I'll have a grandchild to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good on you Gypsy... So glad you have Jeannie ..,

    Rooting for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I understand how you feel about all this testing but as you say, sometimes we just have to do it.

    Will wait anxiously for the results hoping it is nothing that cannot be fixed with a simple solution.

    Thank God for daughters I say. We are having to call on ours to help us out next month when we have an out of town apt and neither of us will have eyes fit to drive ourselves.

    We really are fortunate that these tests are available to help find a diagnosis Best wishes.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you. Getting the tests done isn't easy but at least you'll get answers. Good luck. We're thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are getting the tests. Always good to know what issues exist, but as you said, you get to decide how they will be handled!

    Good luck keeping track of all the appointments:)

    ReplyDelete