Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, April 22, 2013

Before beginning the arduous task of reading blogs that I've neglected during the past week(I haven't been on the computer nearly as much as usual), I thought I'd write a few paragraphs.

I am a little edgy today probably because of my upcoming doctor visit tomorrow morning.  Jeannie called me a little while ago and told me she would be able to take me to the doctor.  Hmmmm, I told her ok but that she would have to be careful not to tell the doctor anything I don't want her to know.  Because she is concerned, Jeannie is likely to say, "...but what about xxx?", causing the doctor's ears to perk up.  If you tell any doctor every little thing that has been bothering you, their eyes glaze over thinking about all the tests they can order.  

Last week I wrote my contact at Lassen, telling her about the issues I'm facing.  She told me to hold off until I see the doctor, and definitely to ask the doctor about me spending 3 months in an isolated place.  She said they have a couple of possibilities for replacing me as long as they have enough lead time.  Fair enough - I'll write her tomorrow, and will be glad to settle once and for all whether I'm going to work there.  If I don't, I plan to at least do some camping as often as possible this summer.

It has been hot in Sacramento for the last week, and looks like the heat will continue.  My swamp cooler still has the tarp wrapped around it, which I could probably remove easily enough if I get my nerve up to climb the ladder to the roof, but Steve has always hooked up the water line to the unit.  He and Meg are in the process of selling their house and trying to find a new one, and I hate to ask him to come over just for that.  They were here earlier this week because several potential buyers wanted to look at their house, and I should have asked him to do it then.  I'm staying cool with the windows open and a fan running, although it is definitely very warm inside between about 2 and 7 pm.

I would like to thank everyone who has written me privately to send good vibes and "feel better" wishes.  I really do appreciate them.  I'm not in a whole lot of pain right now, but have absolutely no energy or motivation to do anything.  I'll write another update after I get some answers from the doctor to my questions.  

11 comments:

  1. I do pray your doctor visit is successful. He needs to focus on the stomach pain and an alternative to the blood thinner you are on. It's a real pain. The stent which gave you a good life causes other issues which must be addressed.

    It would be sad to miss out on going to Lassen but we all need to be wise about our health.

    Hope all goes well and you only need to tell him what you think is important.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow, I hope so much that you get good news. And that she doesn't order a bazillion tests. Keep up posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be thinking of you, Gypsy ... please let us know as soon as you can... oh, those tests... hiss

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never know when one odd symptom could fill in the answer. Why make the doctor question you . Hope all goes well and you can camphost this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gypsy - Yes, it does seem to cause that glazed-over look, but Merikay is right. The more symptoms a doctor hears about, the more she can piece together the puzzle. The presence or absence of something may speak volumes, even though we don't understand the significance of it. It may tell something about a malady that may have been under consideration, but is ruled out because of lack of evidence.

    We have found that writing things down clearly and well spaced on something simple like a 3 x 5 card and handing it to the doctor makes it easy for her to assimilate that information in the written word, like they are accustomed to seeing it in books and papers. A long line of verbal symptoms may not be retained as well.

    When my husband was visiting so many doctors during his cancer treatments and follow-ups, we employed this method (on a much larger scale) and got many compliments from the doctors for it. So it would seem that they appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it is such an arduous task to read fellow RV travel blogs - then don't read them. There are many of us who enjoy reading about their lives and travels and appreciate having them share their experiences. Hope you find out what is going on with your health -& the doctors can help - you are getting way too cranky!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To the previous Anonymous commenter... Do you enjoy trolling blogs and posting negative comments. It's clear that Gyspy is having some problems right now and she is trying to address them... If that is "cranky", then you have a great life! You should probably quit reading blogs and go fly a kite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just to make it clear - this is the first comment I have made on a blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that 'flying a kite' suggestion by Anonymous. Thought maybe it was our resident negavtive troll right here in Blogland calling you cranky but he would not have been considerate enough to be concerned with your health. Personally I think some shorter relaxed camping trips for you this summer would be better than a 3 month Lassen committment. But that's just me.............

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you will soon get some solid answers and much relief from your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your visit went well. I wish you had a doctor that didn't just order tests, but listened and tried to figure it out with all the blood draws and stuff. It gets old/expensive. Sigh.

    I am keeping you in my prayers. You're a strong woman and I know what it is to feel like you can't do anything [from illness, fatigue] but I am imagining you kicking this soon and being back to your energetic self.

    Hang tough lady! We're thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete