Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Where is the leak?

The maintenance guy is here this afternoon - cut a section out of the sheetrock to try to determine if the leak is coming from upstairs or from an outside source. He left for a few minutes and I went into the bathroom - the smell of moldy rotten wood nearly knocked me over. I hope he has a fix for that because I'm afraid to breathe it, especially when I'm hopeful of having surgery soon. All I need now is a lung problem.

I know the rest of the country is having a cold spell also, but at 45F in the middle of the day I am freezing! Even at 25 or so during the night I'm ok most of the night because of my down comforter. I just ordered a down featherbed and should be getting it within a few days. I originally wanted to get one for the truck camper, but I think I will use it on my bed here and just move it over to the TC when I need to. It will make the bed considerably warmer, as well as make the TC mattress softer and more comfortable to me.

Today is my youngest sister's birthday, and her oldest daughter Katy, came home from NY over the weekend to be here; that was the day my granddaughter left for college, but I managed to get a picture of the two of them. They are both sweet as can be and I love being around them. We will have birthday cake at Amy's this evening, and I can't wait to see another of Donald's creations.

According to maintenance, there is no water coming in from the outside. They tried to arouse Guitar Boy upstairs to enter his apartment and run the water in the bathroom to see if it is coming downstairs, but he must be sleeping something off. They said if he doesn't answer in a couple of hours they will enter the apartment. Meanwhile, they will bring a blower try to dry some of it out, although I'm not sure if that will alleviate the odor or the mold. For me, 2010 was not a good year health-wise, and 2011 doesn't look good so far. I may have to do something like Tioga George, wave goodbye to the doctors and medicines, and take off for Mexico!

I just spilled cookie crumbs all over the kitchen floor. Lady was there in a flash, and cleaned that floor so well I won't have to mop for a week! She's versatile, I'll have to say that for her. She does as good a job on cookie crumbs as she does on bacon grease!


  1. When you said Lady took care of the cookie crumbs, I immediatley thought of the bacon grease caper! Now, if they just wouldn't shed so much, things would be close to perfect!! :)

  2. I hope they can get that mold cleaned up for you. I found that spraying it with bleach will sometimes kill it. There is no smell like the smell of mold.

  3. That mold can cause all sorts of illnesses. Get out of that house.

  4. I agree with Dizzy-Dick. Get out. Don't risk it.

  5. From anything I have ever heard about mold it is not a good thing. With all the annoying problems you have had where you are I would seriously be thinking of putting a lot distance between myself & the problem source. I would see that water leak problem from above as the last straw. Wouldn't suprise me if your neighbor passed out & left the water running in the bathtub for a couple days. Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do & maybe it't time for you to do some doing!!

  6. The owner needs to clean the mold right away. You do not want to have to live with the hazards that could exist from the mold.

  7. PLEASE do yourself a favor and take lots of pics.. even video clips with most cameras with another person there as a witness to the smell in the air.. those are mold spores that are growing and will infect you.

    PLEASE get advice from a doctor on the hazards of living there, or the health dept. to come and investigate.

    Your landlord may need to supply you with another apartment or temp housing in a motel immediately.

    Your lungs are not worth delaying this....

    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard

  8. This comment has been removed by the author.