Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cold Night Ahead

I just looked at my desktop weather gadget and note that it is going to a low of 28° tonight, so I will have to dress warm when I walk Lady in the morning. I'm ready for some daytime temps in the 60's range, but that probably won't happen for a while. My little Lasko heater is getting a workout, for sure.

Every now and then I get to longing for a workamping assignment, and that has been happening lately. I want to see something of New Mexico, so I'm looking at Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument. If any readers have worked there, please let me know how it is. I had thought of that back when I was 5th wheeling, but the description of the roads to get there made me decide against it. I think I could easily do it in a truck camper.

I'd love to get something back in the east, but nearly everything I see back there is for camp hosts and I don't want to do that again. Of course there is always Ft. Pulaski and no doubt some other civil war battlefields in the southeast. It's all wishful thinking at this point, but sometimes that can keep a person going until it's time for action.

4 comments:

  1. We've never been workampers, but we have been to the Gila Cliff Dwellings -- by car, not by motorhome. It's been years ago, and the access roads are not part of the memory banks! But I'd go again, as New Mexico is (1) a favorite state to visit, and (2) close by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup.. I agree to keep looking ahead and planning and dreaming! Nothing wrong with that and it can make the dreary winter months go by faster.

    We are planning our escape too...

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like unless you are in south south FL the next few days, it is going to be cold. Here in the panhandle of FL we are expecting three nights of hard freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing: I think about stuff, wonder how it would be, do a little research, forget about it. Then it pops up again, maybe again, then I decide and ACT. To other people it looks like a snap decision, but I have lived and re-lived it and worked out the kinks before they happen, hopefully. (I think I'm using my blog posts for some of this right now.)

    You keep thinking about stuff, when you're ready, the time will be perfect and it will happen.

    ReplyDelete