Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, June 20, 2022

Is Everything Shrinking?

It seems to me that nearly everything except my waistline is shrinking!  

 I have two loaves of bread on my table - one is Sun-Maid raisin bread.  It is so much smaller than I remember it being, so then I checked the white bread - a loaf of Artesano bread - and that, too, is much smaller than it was a short time ago.  Both loaves are smaller in width as well as height - I can't recall what I paid for either of them, but I'm almost certain they haven't gone down in price to match the new size!

 Has anyone noticed other items that you've purchased lately that seem to be less than what they recently were?   I think this is a bad sign for what we can expect from now on, and all across the board of the goods and services we rely on.

5 comments:

  1. It's not the only thing I've noticed, but so obvious. Butterball turkey burgers. First the price went up, twice. Now two less burgers in the box. Less ounces in chips, too.
    Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we can be grateful that so many items are still available to us.

      Delete
  2. It's official name is "shrinkflation". They talk about it on the evening news. The portion size or ounces in package are shrinking - while the price is inflating. It's what is happening in our world nowadays. As a single person - I don't really mind. It helps me afford some of the foods I love - helps eliminate leftover waste - and since my portions are now smaller it helps me lose weight. There is nothing you can do about it - so, I try to look at the bright side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you have the right idea! If life hands you a bunch of lemons, make lemonade!

      Delete
  3. I too have noticed and Cactus Flower is right they refer to it as "shrinkflation" in the news.

    I don't much notice it on food as I buy cans but I have for years at the Dollar Tree and now that everything there is $1.25 and they continue shrinking the size of their products I have pretty much abandoned them and jumped ship to Ollie's another discount store.

    ReplyDelete