Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Happy New Year 2023!

 I can't wrap my mind around the fact that it's 2023!   Life is slipping by.

I haven't written an update, because my life certainly hasn't  been anything to write about this past year.

I'm living with my daughter and her family about 30 miles outside of Sacramento.  They bought a house that has a very nice "in-law suite" consisting of a living-dining-kitchen area in one large space, a decent sized bedroom and full bath.  I also have a stacked washer/dryer and a full sized garage (no car, however).  There isn't much of a front yard or porch - people don't sit out on their front porches and talk to folks who go by.  There is, however, a nice patio off my bedroom and a huge back yard for Rocky and Tito (Jeannie's dog).  To tell the truth, I would like to run away!

It's very nice and I appreciate it, although I would rather be around folks my own age, or at least more friendy folks.  I think my age is off-putting to younger people (and younger, to me, is anyone under 70).  I totally appreciate that my daughter wanted to find a place where I would be comfortable, and I am comfortable in my spacious apartment, but I have no friends or even acquaintances.  When the weather is good, I walk Rocky twice a day on a path through some nearby woods.  There are a few people I encounter on these walks, but I'm lucky if I get a response to my "hello".

 Right now the weather is not good for walking, so I spend my days alone for the most part.  It's a dilemma for me whether I should try to find senior housing, but I would only go into that if I could take Rocky.

I haven't written a post for some time now, and don't know if anyone ever looks to see if I've posted a new blog entry.

So much for my update.  I hope you all are doing well, and that I can get back to reading blog posts again and keeping up with everyone.

Best wishes for the coming year!




11 comments:

  1. Yep I still check in on you now and then. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still here. Wish I had some suggestions for you to help with the loneliness. We love hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alway read your post. Glad to see one pop up. Hope things improve for you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see that you are still blogging. I hope you will find someone to take walk with. Have a great 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to see a post from you. I think about you often and wonder how you and Rocky have been. I understand where you are coming from when you say you have nothing to blog about...neither do I...that is why I do not post as often as I once did.

    I have taken to watching a lot of YouTube videos, right now there are tons of seniors in Quartzsite, Arizona for the winter. Most made their way there from cold regions of the USA as well as Canada. I know you do not drive anymore nor have a car but you should see the imagination of these seniors who travel in all kinds of vehicles and bring along their birds, cats, and dogs.

    Best wishes for a very happy and healthy 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think loneliness is the worst part of growing older. Is there a senior center you could visit to chat with people your own age??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was happy to see your post. I always checked each time I read the Bayfield Bunch...as your blog is next on the bookmark list. Was worried you were ill. I hope you are able to find a solution to help you enjoy life a bit more. I just signed up with Community Care for various exercise programs they offer on Zoom. all free....they offer in class but I am still being cautios while Covid is still around....If you watcj "You Tube" at all, check out RV Debs channel....she has a couple of live chats each week....She talks about how lonely she is feeling and has gone to try our something new...she always hopes to get more subscribers on her channel. Happy New Year....Wishing you all the best....hope you post more often...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you ever get a countertop toaster-oven? It's like having a 1/2 size oven on your counter! Phil

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Martha - Glad to see your post. Since we have last had any pesonal correspondence, I have lost my husband to the cancer, so am acutely aware of the loneliness that you are feeling. I am close to your age, and everything is so much more difficult as we get older. The world just doesn't seem as bright as it did in the past. Hopefully Rocky's antics give you some giggles! ;->

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete