Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Nothing Stays the Same!

I just had blood work done that shows the cancer is back.  From my non-medical view of the results, it doesn't look as bad as it could be - I think it was worse when I started treatment about 3 years back.  I'm pretty hopeful, and if I get another break for 3 years, then I'm fine with that and will do it all over again.  I don't want anything that is invasive or that will make my hair fall out!

Ara is leaving this evening to fly back home and it has been a wonderful visit for all of us.  She stayed here with me for several of the nights and also at her parents' house for the remaining time.  I think she is missing her partner, Steve, as well as missing their dog, an Australian Blue Heeler. 

I think Sacramento is about to enter the summer season.  Spring has been so beautiful with cool nights and warm days.  The nights will remain cool, but the days will soon become hot.

Jeannie & Donald have sold their house, so the hunt is on for a new one.  It is difficult for me to sit still, not say much, and just wait.  That isn't normally my nature, but I'm trying.  I have a total mess to clean out here and so much to dispose of, and I don't know where to start.  I'm hoping the cancer treatments will start soon and I can get some energy back.  I can't get much done the way it is right now.  When Jeannie finds a suitable house and property, then at least I will know how much space I will have, as well as how much I need to dispose of to fit into that space.

My sister, Amy, was finally laid to rest.  I guess covid has gotten in the way of death as well as life.  It seemed to take a long time to arrange the services, although as I had nothing to do with it I don't really know much about it.  I miss Amy very much but I know it hasn't entirely sunk in that I won't see her again or hear her cheerful voice.  That girl could find something funny in every situation, no matter how desperate it was.

 


8 comments:

  1. Sorry about your cancer return and hope they get you started on treatment quickly. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will start treatments in about a week. I lose all track of time these days. The test results show that it was worse at this same stage last time the cancer was active, so I'm getting a small jump on the treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts and prayers will be with you as you start your treatments. Take care and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The treatments aren't really bad at all - just time consuming. And I don't get any bad side effects from them. It certainly isn't like chemotherapy or radiation. I feel very fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all want updates as you go through your treatments. Wish it didn't come back but hopefully after treatments you will feel better. Waiting for something to happen drives me crazy. I hate waiting. So hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you the best results on your upcoming treatments. Keeping a positive attitude does help the body heal. Might be wise not to worry about moving at this time to lessen the stress.
    Be Safe!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get to start your treatments soon and that you can put this behind you.

    Have you considered renting a storage unit so you can slowly start packing until you know for sure how much space you will have when your daughter and her husband find their future home? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't ever have the energy to do it twice, so I'm just going to wait and see how much room I will have to move into. Then I can make some decisions about what to take with me and what to dispose of.

      Delete