Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Two major accomplishments

Thanks to my son Steve, I managed to get two things done today.  I voted and dropped the ballot off in the proper box, and I got my eyes examined.,

I  was several months late for the eye appointment due to being isolated but it seemed to me that my sight had rapidly deteriorated.  The examination showed hardly any change so I will return for another checkup in April.  I wonder if it isn't so much that I can't see well, as that less light comes in and illuminates whatever I'm looking at.  I didn't think to ask them.

They have a good system whereby you phone them when you arrive in the parking lot, and they will phone you back when it is time for you to come into the office.  There was no time spent in the waiting room, and I like it much better than the old way.

Steve was a great help with the ballot.  Most of it is in small print that I would have trouble with, so he read each of the sections out loud to me and then marked the ballot for me.  On the way back from the opthamologist, we dropped the ballot off.  I feel like I accomplished a lot today, plus I spent quality time with one of my sons.

I hope the weather starts cooling down to the upper 70's during the day.  It looks like we will have two more days with highs reaching into the mid 80's, and then we might finally get some fall weather.

Today was a nice break in the isolation I've been enduring, and hope that Jeannie has to do some errands soon to pick up orders from several stores. I always enjoy riding along.

I don't know when I might be back - so little changes occur to my daily routine that there is nothing to write about.  Perhaps I'll have another day of getting out soon.  Take care, everyone.






5 comments:

  1. Good for you to get out and feel like you have accomplished things as you sure did.

    I mailed my vote in last week that felt so good to get that done.

    Maybe you need more lamps in your house with brighter bulbs. I need lots of light to see what I am reading or working on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use high wattage bulbs as well as 3-way bulbs so that I can have adequate light. I used to worry about wasting electricity, and still do, but realize I need light to thrive, so I just try to turn lights off when I leave a room or otherwise don't need them.

      Let's hope our votes really matter. I'm glad to get that out of the way, and glad it didn't require going to the polls as it did in the old days. Steve was such a help to me in this regard and I feel good about casting my ballot. Just hope I picked a winner!

      Delete
  2. Isnt it wonderful to have a child who will help out. Thank you Steve. My ballot will be mailed back to Montana today as we are still Montana residents. I still haven't made an appointment about my cataracts and I need to get that done. Skitz has been having diarrhea so she's on a boiled chicken and rice diet. But I feel rather trapped at home cause I hate to leave her and come home to a mess. So our lives are about the same. Not much happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I order to feel Safe we isolate ourselves. The unfortunate part of that is it wears at our mental stability. Even if you just go out in the yard to watch Rocky. Just that time in the sunshine will give you an emotional uplift.
    Be Safe and Enjoy

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you were able to go drop off your ballot and not have to stand in long lines. It is a shame we can no longer trust our Postal Service thanks to Louis DeJoy the millionaire Trump put to head it and run it into the ground.

    I know you have been worried about your vision so it is good that the experts were able to tell you it remains the same.

    I do not know if your son Steve reads your blog but if he does...thank you, Steve!!!

    ReplyDelete