Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Last day in Sacramento

I looked over the previous couple of updates and realize that I've been complaining a lot. I think it is due in part to the fact that I was getting burned out with no days off. The past two days have helped but don't really make up for all the hours I've put in 7 days a week. I will be leaving in the morning to go back to it all.

Jeannie and I were out a big part of the day and I've enjoyed it immensely. They will be coming up to Lassen in a couple of weeks, and I think Steve & Meg will come up at the same time, so it will be nice to have family together again even though Joe & Sarah won't be able to make it.

I bought a set of jumper cables - extra heavy duty 20 ft., 4 gauge. The Park had given me a set to lend to folks whose battery wouldn't start, and they were always returned to me. A woman borrowed them last weekend and returned them right away, but came back to get them again the next day saying their battery was dead. I never saw the people or the cables again. Another woman came to borrow the cables and I drove her back through the campground looking for the last borrowers, but couldn't find them. We did find another person who lent their own cables so everyone was happy. An hour or so later the woman who had needed the cables came back to the host site with a set she went into town and bought for me for "being so nice". I was stunned to say the least. The problem is that they were standard duty cables, and I thought I would probably need a heavy duty set when I get back so I can jump my RV battery if needed, so I bought my own personal heavy duty cables today. I certainly won't lend them out to anyone, which is sad because it is good to help people in need, but someone who steals from you just makes you have to be suspicious of everyone. This is a negative aspect of the job although most people seem to have the same values I have, but those few who don't can make a dent in your ability to trust.

I will be up early in the morning so I'm off to sleep and hope I don't run into much traffic on the way out of town.

1 comment:

  1. typical, eh? guess you will have to go with the cables and wait until they are finished and bring the cables back yourself. Sad.

    ReplyDelete