Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, February 27, 2017

Not much _ QUICK UPDATE!

I don't have much to say this evening.  I think everything going wrong is now coming together and it makes me depressed.  I don't like to be depressed, and fortunately when I am it doesn't last long.

The dentist made some excellent adjustment today but it probably needs a little more tweaking, so I will be going back in two days.  He told me to leave the lower denture in except when brushing my teeth, even overnight.  He wants to see where there may be rubbing against the gums.  I hate the thought of sleeping in this thing.  It's the best part of the day after supper when I can take it out for the night!  When it is perfectly adjusted I'm going to love it (but I still won't want it in overnight)!

I am really sick about losing my phone.  I can't make calls to see if anyone turned it in; can't call to make appointments; can't even call to get a replacement phone.  I hadn't noticed but most websites seem to be giving phone numbers and not email addresses any more.  Maybe it's just the sites I need right now, but it is making life difficult.   My daughter jokingly told me I should have a smartphone rather than my little Jitterbug.   I'd have to have a smartphone surgically implanted into the palm of my hand, so that I could look at it any and all times of the day.  And I would never lose it!  And the cost per month compared to my Jitterbug would make my eyes bug out!

Still no word on my thyroid test results.  I think the doctor may have been away for a few days,  and doctors certainly earn time off work once in  a while, but the blood was drawn last Wednesday and it takes a day, or two at the most, to get the results.  Unfortunately they have to go through my doctor before I can access them.  So what is wrong with me that I have negative zero energy and don't really care about much these days.  It's either low cholesterol or a thyroid problem, or something else.  Looks like I'll be in the dark for a while longer.

I hope I am in a more positive mood tomorrow.  Something is wrong and until I know what it is, I can't begin to fix it.

UPDATE:
I once was lost, but now I'm found!  Amazing!  
(I was hiding on the floor of Jeannie & Donald's van, and they missed it when they looked the first time.)   

I haven't picked it up yet and hope Great Call hasn't cancelled the service on it, but they will just have to reinstate it.   This might be a better day by far than yesterday was. 

11 comments:

  1. I know CA. is more expensive but why not try a different phone service. cricket is only $30. month and Walmart has several different plans. You can contact your service on line about reporting you phone lost so no one can run up your bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just try to contact anyone online these days. You can request info or for someone to contact you, but it isn't quick and easy.

      I like the Jitterbug's service as well as their plans. I pay $40 a month for 700 min., and if I can ever get another phone I will probably go for a reduced amount of min., or I might just leave it as it is. The thing about Great Call (Jitterbug), is that if you call them for any reason you can speak to a person in the U.S. I could subscribe to other health & safety features, but I'm not ready for that.

      Delete
    2. Just being able to talk to someone in the U.S. is bonus these days. I see it was found good news

      Delete
  2. Just go to Walmart electronics and tell them you want Straight Talk - an old school flip phone with big numbers is $ 20 and get the $ 30 for 30 days card with 1500 minutes. Walmart phone people are very smart and kind and they will open the package, insert battery, activate the phone and put the card on it . They do this all for you and you WILL walk out of the store in 30 minutes with a working phone in your purse. You buy a new card every month and they will always do it for you. Also any time you have questions go back and they will help you. I have used Straight Talk for years in 5 different states and all Walmart phone people are excellent . No matter how dumb my question they resolve. Also if you don't like phone - can't see it - can't hear or whatever you CAN return it for full refund. Good Luck & feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are only human, you can't always be happy go lucky. I am sure the test results are weighing heavily on you in particular since you have waited so long for them.

    I am certain your telephone will turn up soon and if it doesn't you will find a suitable replacement. Like Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With the Wind would say "tomorrow is another day".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another choice : Consumer Cellular - look at their website - just like Great call but cheaper. Rated A+ by BBB with 100% US based service. Cost $ 20 month for 1500 minutes. Go to Target and buy the DORO phone co!or red ( almost identical to Jitterbug - costs $50. But you have to take it home and get online (or borrow a phone & call them) and
    activate it yourself. They say it is easy & lots of Seniors use Consumer Cellular. Sure can't beat the price !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally got my test results back. Besides being low in iron, one of the tests shows I have elevated thyroid antibodies which can be seen in Hashimoto's thyroiditis, but my thyroid is normal. I am not at all surprised as Jeannie told me my Mom had Hashimoto's, my sister has it, and she herself has it. (It definitely runs in families.) I knew they all had thyroid problems but since I never showed any signs of something like that I just didn't know what it was. The Dr. wants me to see an endocrinologist, and I hope they have one at one of their satellite offices because I'm not going to be going back and forth to their main campus. I just can't do that drive any more. This could explain why I've been feeling such a lack of energy, motivation, drive, etc., although with all the other thyroid tests being normal I must not have a very advanced stage of it (if there is such a thing). I am feeling worse off knowing, because I cannot take any medications orally as they affect my heart. I'm between a rock and a hard place now, but it will all work out. I suppose. Right now my cellphone seems insignificant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found out what is going on so something can be done about it. Can't Jeannie call the number so someone might answer it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thyroid issues and low on iron - that would definitely explain why you are feeling tired and depressed. Health issues can really affect our minds. And some days this getting old really sucks. Sure hoping the endo doc can figure out the best way to treat your thyroid without working on the heart. Keep us updated on what's happening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Sometimes things do go right. One time I lost my phone. Just knew it was in the car. Looked & looked. No. Finally called it, it was inside a Kleenex box. How many times did I move the box & not see the phone? So glad yours is found!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry things are not going well for you. They will work out one at a time and things will then be brighter for you....

    ReplyDelete