Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, February 24, 2017

Nearby accident

I thought the sirens I heard last night around 8pm would never stop.  More and more vehicles kept coming with their sirens blaring, and I thought it was probably a police matter rather than a fire, but it was big!

This morning on google news I read a short piece about a man trying to cross Sunrise Blvd near Coloma - about a block from where I live.  He was hit and killed; the report says the driver tried to stop but ended up driving on.  Bad move!  No other details have been made available.   I think about when I can no longer drive and want to walk to the various stores/restaurants in the vicinity, but having to cross Sunrise Blvd.    It wouldn't be easy at the best of times.

I am really taking it easy today, with no appointments on my calendar.  I slept a little later than usual, ate my breakfast, and have been waiting for a bit of energy to come my way.  I don't think it works like that, so maybe if I'd get a move on, I would get some energy.  Does that sound logical?  It doesn't to me, either!

I'm feeling pretty good today although it hasn't resulted in more energy to DO things, but I certainly THINK about doing them!

I hope everyone out there has a great weekend.   I'm going to try.

10 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. A lot of things just stay in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it's a start and we are paying attention to what needs to be done! Let's take credit.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always enjoy your posts.... So honest in your sharing.
    Yes I know about thinking about things to do. We eventually get it
    done. Sometimes I can't quite figure out where to start! Lol
    Should be nice in our central California tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. I just took a look at the next 5 days and it's all sunny, with the temps going up to high 50's. I haven't yet checked online for the 15 day forecast - I think the last time I looked, there was some rain in the future and I don't even want to know!

      Delete
  4. I have been thinking a lot about things that need to be done too. But no rush they will still need to be done at another time. So I forced myself into getting out yesterday.
    Weather here is freezing again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd rather have the freezing weather than the heat I know is going to come in another month or two!

      I think I've reached a point where I don't care if anything gets done or not. It's a shame, but until I can find out why I'm so listless it isn't going to get any better.

      Delete
  5. Poor man, it's a shame the driver did not stop to render aid.

    When we were in San Antonio I did not want to lose my parking spot at the motel we were at so I decided to walk to the several fast food places nearby. I really wanted a pizza but seeing how awful the traffic was I did not cross the street and just settled for something else.

    Unlike my procrastinating self, I know you are a doer and you will soon have that energy and will power to get things done. May you have a great weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wondering why the driver didn't stop and at least see if the man was still alive. I think he may have been drinking or using drugs and was afraid of the penalty he would pay. What I don't understand is that with all the cameras they have set up in that area, why they didn't get a license number. Maybe they did and aren't saying, but it was a van or SUV is the only info they've given,

      You were smart to not cross any busy streets. Many people in cars think they own the roads and don't want pedestrians to waste a few seconds of their precious time.

      Delete