Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Eating Healthy

I think I spent way more money on food today than I had planned.  I first went to the farmer's mkt., and decided to try a dozen farm fresh eggs.  I had an egg sandwich for lunch and it sure tasted good.  That was the most costly item at $6/doz., and I was encouraged to try some yellow beets.  I don't know about that though - the farmer kept telling me how sweet they are.  I'll try anything once.

Next, to Costco where I always spend more than I intend.  I bought a package of steaks, each one so much more than I could eat in one sitting that I will probably cut them in half and freeze them separately.  I haven't eaten a steak in years probably and don't ever crave it, but this is in the interest of raising my cholesterol.  I also bought a bottle of red wine to enjoy with the steak, since red wine is good for you as well.  Fresh fruit, strawberries and blueberries, are going to be on my breakfast menu starting tomorrow, topped with a splash of whipped cream which I also purchased.  I might even squirt a dab of whipped cream in my coffee, although I usually only do that when I am drinking coffee with my daughter or granddaughter.  (Who am I kidding, just squirt a dab into my coffee?  I will squirt several dabs before the cup is empty!)

I will just have to remember to eat early enough this afternoon, before I lose my appetite and any interest in cooking.  Lord, I don't know if I can even fry a steak it's been so long!

This hasn't been a bad day as the sun has shone off and on; Monday is the day to watch out for, and I think the same storm that will blanket the entire west coast will also extend into Texas!  We should worry if one of our neighbors is spotted building an ark.

7 comments:

  1. Stay safe...water and the damage it can do is nothing to take lightly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know that pretty well. My house has withstood what nature sent our way so far this season, so I'm hoping it can hold out one or two more times. I plan to ask Joey to inspect the roof really well.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you bought some really good food today. Steak is also good for your anemia. I haven't eaten a steal in ages either.

    We had rain on an off all day and temps in the high 50's tomorrow looks the same. After all it is still winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep forgetting that it is still winter. I'm so used to the warmer and drier weather in CA, up until this year.

      I enjoyed the steak. I cut them in half because they were fairly big and also fairly thick. Next time I might try two halves.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've heard of yellow beets before. That California storm brought bad winds for us and an all night and day rainy drizzle. Could see twinkling stars in a mostly clear sky this morning so it looks like the storm has passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a little while since I've seen the stars!

      Delete
  4. We, too, are eaters of small amounts of meat, particularly a rich cut, like steak. If I get the small petite sirloin cut, I cook two of them. We eat one between us, and then I take the other one out a little sooner, so that it does not get all the way done. This way I have a nice hunk o' meat to slice up, sauté just a smidge to warm it up, and have with mushrooms or onions, or even some bell peppers for a pepper steak dinner - over rice or pasta. You can also cook it just a little more at the first time, using the meat in a nice sandwich of toast and steak without having to do any additional cooking.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete