Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Hooray!

I've had enough problems lately so something good happening is a cause for celebration.

I visited my dentist's office this morning for a cleaning and my new lower dentures had been delivered earlier this morning.  Just as I thought my mood couldn't go any lower I was pleasantly surprised.

My dentist is a very patient man and insists that everything be as perfect as possible, so he tweaked the lower partial until it was an absolute perfect fit.  They feel wonderful, and I came home and of course, I had to eat something.  It is almost like having my natural teeth - not quite, but fit wise and being able to chew, they are just about perfect.

I need to go fill up the gas tank before it starts raining again.  Right now there is sunlight but dark clouds as well.  I'm going to make a run to Costco and get gas in my car, and then come back home to eat again!  Something chewy this time.  Considering the difficulty I had getting used to the upper partial, this is going to be a piece of cake, I hope.

12 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you especially since normally the lower teeth give people more problems. Hope all stays well. Enjoy eating 😋

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vera. Even my dentist says he doesn't like dealing with lowers because they tend to be so problematic. I hope my good luck keeps up, but I'm fine with them so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Love it when the dental visits go well. I've had crowns for years and I'm careful about eating anything too sticky or crunchy. I'd sure hate to pull one off. Like you, my bridge fit perfectly and I was so happy about that. I just had my dentist check it when I was in Mexico a week or so ago - just to make sure all was well. He said it's perfect, and he'll see me in 6 months. Love it when they say that. You waited and worried long enough, and now you can enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a bridge that worked well for me since I was about 18 or 19 yrs old, and finally had to be removed because one of the anchor teeth had to be pulled. I was sorry to see it go. I don't like the dentures, but I sure like eating!

      Delete
  4. That is really great that they fit so well. I have a few empty places where teeth used to be, but am not ready for dentures of any kind. . . yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very fortunate that you have been able to get by without dentures. Of course, you are quite a few years younger than I am!

      Delete
  5. Well that is wonderful news. I bet your happy this is over with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst part is definitely over with. There will be some tweaking required, but it will be minor.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. He did an awesome job. I am finding spots that I will tell him about and he can adjust for a more comfortable eating experience. All in all I'm sure I'm going to be happy as one can be with a foreign object in their mouth!

      Delete
  7. I'm pleased for you and your new teeth. So good you can now gain a pound or so. I did this but couldn't chew, just wallowed my food. The denture caused much discomfort I put it away. Loss $300! Hurts. lays on a shelf now. I think my gum shrank. Ha ha, could be as the other bones have diminished a lot.
    Did you get that breath of Asheville Essence I blew your way? lol. News tell me Sacramento having bad storms - that's where you are, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having some discomfort today, but I will go back to the dentist with them soon and have the spots adjusted that are bothering me. If it hasn't been too long you might want to try yours again. Is the dentist still in business? He or she should work with you until they feel good.

      Ah, Asheville. What a beautiful place, and I can just picture the flowering trees, the birds and all the beautiful things about that area. Sacramento has had some bad storms, and will probably have a few more before it's over with, but today is a gorgeous sunny day!

      Delete