Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Mother-Daughter day

That's what it was for a part of the day.   Jeannie and I went to the gym and I finally did a real workout plus the walk.  My legs are sore!

We picked up the girls and took them to Barnes and Noble, as they had some Christmas gift cards from B&N to spend.  I had some great discount coupons, plus a $5-off coupon, plus my regular discounts for being a member.   On the way in I stopped at the Nook counter (Nook is B&N's version of Amazon's Kindle), and I found one that I like.  Since I will need some instruction on using it, programming it, and loading it, I will go back on Tuesday when the clerk I talked to will be working.  She told me I can always bring it in and she will load any books I want, even the free ones.

I like the idea of buying it locally and having help at hand, rather than from an online company.   Because we were with the kids I couldn't take the time to look as thoroughly at it, but I feel sure it is going to work for me.  As it is I can't read a book, and as an avid reader I am ready to give in and join the move to the electronic readers (or whatever they are called.) 

I think I'm feeling a little better each day and attribute it to the magnesium, although that might not be it at all.  I haven't gotten the results of the thyroid test yet.  As Jeannie said, the doctor may have had a day off yesterday, or gone for a mini vacation weekend, or whatever.  I can wait although I hope I hear something definite on Monday.

I'll be back tomorrow.  Have a good evening.
 

8 comments:

  1. One of the things I love about my kindle is making the print as large as I want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time I was in NY my son loaded a book for me on my d-i-l's Kindle and increased the print size. It was fine except it seemed I was forever "turning a page". If I buy the Nook I'm determined to use it and to learn to love it!

      Delete
  2. Once you master the loading process, you can use your library card to borrow e-books also. I have several e-books on hold right now. Don't have a kindle, but read them on an IPad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope it makes reading easier. I am to the point where I don't even try because it causes me too much stress. I do work crossword puzzles and it takes a lot of effort to read the print.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you, I would rather buy a product locally even if I have to pay more if it means having a flesh and blood person helping me master it and answering my concerns.

    I am glad you are feeling better and hope that you soon hear from your doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always the type of person who could figure things out on my own, but I find that now I need someone to do it or for me or at least explain it. I just can't ever read those tiny print instructions! Having someone nearby who not only sells a product but is willing to give you continuing service is a real help to me.

      Delete
  4. I love my mother daughter days, and today being Sunday I get to spend it with 2 of my girls.

    I bought my Kindle years ago when I start traveling since books take up room. And yes making the print larger is really nice. Hope you enjoy it. Turning a page often isn't such a big thing if it allows your to start reading again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the days we spend with our daughters so precious?

      I think getting used to the Nook won't be that difficult because I am ready for it. I always loved everything about books, including holding them, turning the pages, and all the little things you never think about. I can't do that any more so I might as well do it in a way that I can manage. Just a matter of perspective on my part.

      Delete