Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, January 26, 2017

New Gym

I walked at the gym this morning and then cancelled my membership.  It turns out I can use the facilities until some time in March, so I guess I was paid up in advance.

Ara and I went to tour the gym on Folsom Blvd.  It is in an old familiar shopping center that has really been spiffed up, repainted in southwest colors, etc.  I go there once in a while and have never felt the least qualms about my safety.  It was in its heyday when Mather AFB was at its peak, but the area deteriorated in the years after the closure of the Base.  Are there any readers who were stationed at Mather, and I'd love to hear your feelings about it.

The gym is an absolute jewel.  Very modern equipment and we even got to sample the hydromassage bed and chairs while we were there.   Jesse, who showed us around the facilities, is as wonderful as the reviews say about him.  The premise of this place is that everyone is welcome and no judgements are made about anyone, no matter what their weight, body shape, etc.  We looked over all the machines and work out areas, and I love the place.

Jesse gave us passes to come back and see for ourselves how everything works before committing to a year's membership.  Even at that, I can buy two memberships, one for me and one for Ara, for less than my monthly fee at the current gym I belong to.  I think I will enjoy working out with Ara, and I can always go on my own especially to continue my 2 mile a day walks.  I'm really jazzed about this place, and there is no feeling of being pushed or coerced into anything.

The two-piece outdoor furniture set I gave to Ara looks so nice, and I can't believe how immaculate it still looks after sitting outside for a week or more.  If I had it in my driveway, porch, or anywhere else on this lot, it would have been covered in dirt and dust within a day or two.  I suppose she doesn't have the same problems I have here, and I don't know if it's the traffic on Sunrise Blvd, on the nearby Freeway 50, or just in this mobile home park, but it's the filthiest place I've ever lived in!  

This evening is Arianna's "ancestor dinner"; I'm not sure what Jeannie is contributing, but I think they are making something that originated in the Canary Islands, where Donald's Mom's family came from to move to San Antonio.   It should be an interesting gathering.  I wish I knew what I was going to wear, but I'll keep it simple.  After all, I'm one of the "ancestors".





2 comments:

  1. This new gym might just work out better for you and you will be happier there.

    I know this place is the worst for dirt than anywhere else I live the wind just blows all that dust from the open areas right through this place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem with the dirt blowing in constantly means I can never clean anything that doesn't get grimy in a day or two. I give up washing windows, and they show it. I was always a fanatic for keeping my windows shining clean, but not any more, at least at this place.

      Delete