Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, January 20, 2017

I got a shock this morning when I got up and walked to the kitchen.  The side door was blown wide open and I guess the wind had jammed it against the railing so hard that it was difficult to close it.   The lock was set and the last thing I do before going to bed at night is to check that both doors are locked.  I even pull the handle on the side door because sometimes it isn't shut tightly, but I can remember checking it last night.  That is so weird, because I remember hearing the wind during the early morning hours sounding like a train rushing through the house at times.  

The rain stopped for my visit to the gym.  I found a treadmill that wasn't close to Fox News or CNN stations - I think the one closest to me was on a sports channel.  I got rid of my TV during the early days of the campaign and I don't ever want to watch another program about anything political for the rest of my life!

I was thinking that if I walk 2 miles a day until the end of January, only eleven more days, I will have walked 60 miles for the month!

I'm ready for some clear weather.    We are supposed to have sunset around 5:15 pm, but when the rain clouds are overhead it gets dark way before that and I end up driving to Jeanne's appointment in the dark as well as home in the dark.   I guess there is a good side to that because if I drive toward town in strong daylight, the sun is so bright that I can't see very well at all.   When it is going down into the horizon I can't even block it with the sun visor.   They say another storm is coming in tonight, so if only I can get home before the worst of it hits.

I'm getting to know some of the chiropractor's other patients and they certain are a friendly bunch.  I'm known as "the woman who works crossword puzzles."  I may as well try to enlighten my mind while I'm passing the time.  There is an exellent library of books in the waiting area but I find I just can't read regular print any more.  It's a wonder I can do the puzzles.

I'm hoping for a dry safe trip for myself as well as any others who have to be on the road in bad weather.  It could be a lot worse if it was colder, with snow like they are having in the midwest and east.
 

10 comments:

  1. That must have been scary. Finding a door open. I think too much is going on for people to be posting comments. All media is off in this house---at least anything that is labeled "news". Thank goodness for Amazon Prime and Netflix.
    Entertainment. The "news" makes me feel absolutely ill. Keep up your walking, I was doing 2 miles 3 times a week until my friend could no longer accompany me. I don't have the will to go by myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The open door was a real shock. I would prefer to walk with someone, but I'm getting to the point where I don't mind doing it alone.

      Delete
  2. I commend you on your walking every day. It should be making you feel really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel better about myself, but the weather is keeping me from feeling good. I have leaks, a cold house, and I'm sure there is mold everywhere. At least I'm warm at the gym!

      Delete
  3. We also had some powerful winds last night and very hard rains even lost power sometime during the night.

    I'm with you on all this political garbage on TV people need to get over it already it is what it is. I have stopped reading some blogs and FB because it just goes on n on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the media drummed and encouraged all the conflict to get viewers and increase their ratings. I knew from the beginning that it was going to be a nonstop circus and the same thing over and over, and I didn't like either side so I just dropped out. As far as I'm concerned, I have no president.

      It looks like we'll have rain off and on until Tuesday but if the sun pops its head out of the clouds now and then, I won't mind.

      Delete
  4. How scary Gypsy, at least a wild animal did not come in. It is moments like this that you must miss Lady the most.

    I wish I had your will power. Back when I exercised I did it with a friend, it is no fun by myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably the only wild animals around here walk on 2 feet! And yes, I'm lucky no one walked in. I enjoyed it when I exercised with my daughter but until her foot surgery heals I'm on my own. The gym is a good place to "people watch".

      Delete
  5. I too have given up watching what's going on. As one who believes all other issues should come after the environment since without clean water and clean air the condition of the economy won't matter a hoot, I don't want to watch what's happening with this climate chaos denying administration. I can't do anything to stop the terror. But I have asked a friend to let me know if the hints of Fascism turn into anything real. I will have to speak up then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I long ago decided I couldn't stop or change the ills of the world, but I could work on my own shortcomings and do what I can to keep my life simple, healthy, and ecologically sound. Sometimes I veer off course, but I think the only way to change things is to start with ones self - at least that's my take. As I get older I have a sense that it's all been around before, will go, and then come around again.

      Delete