Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Walking

I am loving my treadmill and so glad I decided to buy one, and especially one designed for seniors.  I feel safe on it and it isn't cluttered with displays that I wouldn't look at anyway.  I know it's too much to believe that I can see a difference already, but I have had more energy the past couple of days and have accomplished a lot.

I'm waiting on a padded mat which should arrive on Saturday, and then I will add some more exercises to  my day.  I have a few sore muscles that I hope go away soon, but they aren't bad enough to affect what I can do.

My garden is all planted except for a few more squash plants.  I've already planted zucchini and want some yellow squash as well.  I may stop there or I may clear another garden plot and grow other things.  I enjoy working in the garden but I'm taking it just a little at a time.  I work for a bit and then have to take time out to throw the ball to Rocky a few times.  Poor thing misses his walks in the neighborhood.

And speaking of dog walks, I don't know how people can get their dog to walk at a good pace and ignore everything else.  Rocky has to stop to sniff everything!  Sometimes I wish he would just move on, but I figure it's his walk and he should do what gives him pleasure, and if that is sniffing everything, then ok.  It tries my patience though.  Right now I would love to be able to take him for a good walk and let him try my patience!

Can you believe we've just about passed the mid-point of another week?  They are going by too fast for me, and to think we are wasting what could be nice social time because of this damned virus!  And I don't know why it was virtually ignored for a while, giving it time to gain a good foothold in the U.S. 

Take care, and I'll be back soon.

10 comments:

  1. There are times when I'm dragging my body outside for my early morning walk that I wish I had a treadmill. Our dogs were sniffers not walkers so I totally relate to your frustration. Maybe training would have made a difference but i doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Labs love to sniff everything. Your dogs had their noses down around the things to be sniffed, so they just had to take advantage of that! Aren't dogs wonderful? I should be more strict and commanding, but I'm lenient and was that way with my kids as well.

      Delete
  2. My dogs like to do it too. I call it the Snuffle Shuffle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how much better we feel in just few days of exercise. If it hadn't been for my bike I couldn't acomplish the things I have been able to do. I'm still thinking about the treadmill for myself.

    Fred is a big sniffer to. Can really drive you nuts. I guess it's just what they do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that a dog's sense of smell can tell them so much about who has been there.

      Delete
  4. What brand of treadmill did you get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is called Sunny Health & Fitness. It is a model that was listed as good for seniors. It cost somewhere around $600+, which was covered by my tax refund this year, so I didn't have to fork over the money out of my current monthly retirement.

      Delete
  5. I am glad the treadmill is working out for you.

    Wish I had the energy to plant a garden but I would only plant SERRANOS as they are so expensive at the store and right now not of very good quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it. Start small, with just a small area. You might even be able to plant them in a large flowerpot, or bucket, or tub. There is plenty of info on the internet about planting everything there is. Peppers are generally easy to grow, although I've never tried the hot ones. With all this time on our hands being quarantined, it is a wonderful thing to take our minds off of current events, When I'm in my garden trump never crosses my mind!

      Delete