Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Corona Blues!

I've about had all I can take, but there is no end in sight for a long time.  I should count my blessings and hope the virus stays away from me.  I am probably not as careful as I should be, but when a package is delivered to my door I just want to open it asap.  Same with going to the mailbox, but I guess I should wear disposable gloves at least.

I've been spending a lot of time on my 3rd garden box.  The grass and weeds are so tall and thick, and I work for a while pulling them out and then have to come in for a break.  I started yesterday and probably have 2/3 of it finished now.  The outlook for food prices is so dire that I think I should try to grow more than tomatoes and squash.  I have seeds for carrots, lettuce, and mustard that I might try to plant a row of each.  I have other seeds as well, and a 4th garden plot if I decide to use it, but I don't want to overwhelm myself with gardening as the weather improves and things start really growing.  I wish I could get to the hardware store for more garden soil and supplies, but I understand they won't deliver the soil unless it is paid for at the store.  It evidently comes from a separate company and not through their regular ordering system.  At least that was my take on it, and I could certainly be getting it wrong and all mixed up.  But they don't deliver soil unless you come to the store and pay for it first.


Poor Rocky just can't get used to isolation.  I take him with me (on a leash) to get the mail, and yesterday he wanted to pull me across the street so I followed him.  He was all excited thinking we were going on our normal walk, finally, but I only  went a couple of houses up the street, crossed over and came back.  I had a very unhappy dog on my hands, and I was smacking my head wondering what in the world made me go outside of my invisible fence!  I woke up several times during the night thinking "What if I inhaled the virus while walking?"  I understand it can stay in the air for up to 3 hours, so it wouldn't be impossible for it to spread that way. 

I'm getting the most I can out of my treadmill.  I started off easy - about a mile a day for 6 days.  This week I'm aiming for about 1.3 miles and will up it accordingly each week.  Having the treadmill in my own house is terrific, and I can walk for a while, stop, and then get back to it later.  I definitely noticed a difference in how I feel almost immediately.  I still haven't put the floor exercise mat down because I'm not ready to deal with a nosy dog.

See the Humor!
Here are some funny’s to get through your day...

Thoughts for the Day. . .
Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks.l The other half will come out with a drinking problem.
I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.

I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.

Still haven't decided where to go for Easter ----- The Living Room or The Bedroom

PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.

Homeschooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.

I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone.

This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.

So, after this quarantine.....will the producers of My 600 Pound Life just find me or do I find them?

Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.

My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.

Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.

I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?

I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I'm getting tired of Los Livingroom.

Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.

Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".... I'm offended.

Better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under”



11 comments:

  1. I think the virus is not airborne. Did someone spit on you? Then you should be worried. Can you teach your cute pup to walk on treadmill? That would tire him out. I'm glad you have him to keep you company rather sitting alone everyday. A local garden center might deliver soil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that when an infected person coughs or sneezes, it can last in the air for up to 3 hrs. I wouldn't take the chance on it.

      Delete
    2. I just watched the daily video by Dr. John Campbell of the U.K. His videos are outstanding in helping a lay person to understand the virus, and ways it affects people. When a person breathes out, he is transmitting droplets for 6 or7 ft. A cough spreads approx. 19 ft. A sneeze can spread 23-26 ft. The science says that when we breathe out, our breath comes out in "clouds" which can contain the droplets. If you wear a mask, it will interrupt the forward momentum, so that the breath will be stopped by the mask and will escape from it and land on the person him or herself. Also, if you cough or sneeze and cover your mouth, it stops the material from propelling forward. If you don't take any protective measures and are in public, then the droplets you expel can be very contageous.

      Delete
    3. Continued: Residues in the droplet propelled out, can remain suspended in the air for three hours.

      Delete
  2. Go outside and take your poor dog for a walk! Do you really think the virus is going to stay hovering in the outside air for three hours just waiting for you to come out and inhale it. Go spray something outside and see how long it lasts before it dissipates. That 3 hour figure that has you so paranoid came from virus sprayed from an aerosol can in a controlled lab environment. In my opinion it hardly merits not going outside for a walk, especially as this virus is going to be around for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, definitely get outdoors-it's all we have left! The latest guideline says to wear a mask, or scarf or whatever at all times when out. However, it's to protect others FROM you, not vice versa. Steer clear of folks without one. The news tonight showed produce sections of markets with an abundance of stuff, now that restaurants use so much less. We WILL get through this-someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jo. I like the jokes too. It's good to be able to laugh at times like this

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard the same about how long droplets linger in the air and it is quite scary. I have only had one dog in my life and after he passed away about 25 years ago I decided that was it. It hurt too much to lose him and even though I was much younger he was still high maintenance.

    My Houston house had a small yard and he really did not like being outside or going for walks he much preferred being indoors next to me. Same goes for the stray dogs that adopted me...they seemed to like being in mother's big yard and seldom left the property.

    I enjoyed the jokes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the jokes, I neeed a good laugh..Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually try to answer all comments, but I am now totally depressed and don't have much to say.

    My kids and their families, Steve & Jeannie, are getting together at Easter and I volunteered my place (so I won't have to leave Rocky). I feel horrible to leave out my youngest son, Joe, a respiratory therapist who has come into contact with people who have the virus. I'm sure he is the most careful person on the planet and i feel horrible leaving him and his family out, but I don't want the responsibility of someone getting ill from being at my house. I think we are all sick of being cooped up - Steve said it's been 3 weeks today since we went into self isolation. So I'm pretty bummed out, and additionally because Rocky is so on edge from not getting his normal exercise. In response to those who have recommended I continue to take him for walks: I am 79 years old and at prime risk for catching the virus. I don't intend to take any chances, and fortunately we have a big back yard, but it's not like going for walks and sniffing everything along the way. Rocky relies on me to such an extent, and I don't intend to leave him prematurely if I can prevent it.

    ReplyDelete