Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Rolling over to a new year

I just realized I need to do some calendar work; I have a wall calendar as well as the one I have on my computer, and there are lots of entries I need to make.  First of all I have 4 kids plus their spouses and 9 grandchildren; then I keep track of my 7 siblings, their spouses, and all of my nieces and nephews.  Quite a few of them have children now, but it's almost too much for me to list great nieces and nephews, so I don't go into that generation except for a couple of them.  In addition are the friends I have that I keep track of birthday-wise.  It makes for a full calendar and I sometimes have to write small to get things such as dr. appointments into their slots.  I also keep track of Rocky now, who will be 8 mos. old on the 28th of Jan.  Wouldn't he just love a big cake to celebrate?  Maybe when he's a year old.  At least I only buy birthday presents for my grandchildren!

I think my floors look clean enough except for an hour or so in the afternoon when the sun shines in and exposes the dust and little things all over.   Maybe I should just close the blinds and keep the sun from shining in so I don't have to see the lint!  I'm looking at it right now and it's not very pretty.

Gotta go feed my boy!  He's been snoring on the couch next to me for the last hour!

 

10 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a dog to keep you company, to keep you smiling, to keep you feeling loved, and to keep you busy cleaning up after him, feeding, and walking him. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're certainly right! I don't remember what I did all day before I got Rocky. And he's such an independent cuss, but I just love it when he settles down and snuggles in my lap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky makes one big lap dog LOL sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is, but he's so cuddly when he's resting.

      Delete
  4. You are the matriarch of a big and loving family.

    You need to clean your floors and I need to clean the ceilings and/or kill daddy long legs. I have no idea why I have so many spiderwebs. I think I will close the blinds and ignore them for a couple more days :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to never kill any kind of spiders, but especially daddy longlegs. They eat other insects and pests for one thing. If one is in my house in a place I don't want it to be, I scoop it up on a sheet of paper and run to the door and put it outside. Unfortunately I don't know a black widow when I see it, but I do recognize the good ones and tell them if they stay out of my way they are welcome to stay!

      Delete
  5. If you give Rocky a cake be certain it is Dog Friendly with no Chocolate, but remember this. If you ever have him around another Cake he might think it's okay to just chow down on it. Decisions, Decisions?
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt if I would actually give him a cake, although I do share some of my snacks and goodies - just little tiny pieces though.

      Delete
  6. I only use the calendar on my phone now, if I lose it I'm toast:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know - I hope your phone stays safe and sound. I will keep using my "hanging on the wall" calendar to record events, and also the calendar on my computer.

      Delete