Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Finally, I'm Wearing Shoes Again!

My shoes from Natural Footgear arrived today.  I put them on right away and they feel great - I even took Rocky out for a walk which I've been unable to do much of lately because it's not easy to walk an active dog wearing clogs!   I may buy another pair in a different style, or maybe just wear these for a few days to see how they hold up.  They are very wide in the toe box and narrow at the heel, and it's almost impossible to find shoes that fit well, but these do!  When I'm not wearing them they will be kept inside the closet with the door shut!

The rain and wind have been really strong the past two days.  I see the cover for my swamp cooler has blown off and is hanging on by the rope that was tied around it to hold it secure.  The rope is at least keeping it from blowing away in the neighborhood!

My youngest sister, Amy, turned 50 last week, but she was in the hospital on her birthday undergoing some tests.   Now she's home and I am taking the family to Straw Hat  Pizza this weekend to celebrate her birthday.  I think I counted 11 adults and 7 kids, with 8 more adults to RSVP.  It will be nice to celebrate being with family instead of staying home and thinking about the state of affairs!  This represents my siblings in CA, plus all my kids & grandchildren, plus one of my nieces & her 2 boys.

Grass and weeds are growing everywhere with all the rain we've been having, but the dog park is a muddy mess.  It's locked up now so people won't take their pets in and tear up more of the grass.  It is still a bit too windy for my liking and I should take Rocky for a really long walk but I don't like the weather.  Andrew didn't come by today, probably because the morning was so rainy.  Can't blame him.

I took a couple of photos of my new shoes, but sent them to Donald to put into a jpeg format and send them back to me.  I'll include them in my next blog.  I'm really loving these shoes!

 

10 comments:

  1. If your feet are not comfortable, you are not comfortable. Good shoes make you feel good all over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new shoes are entirely different than any I've ever worn, and they felt great right from the beginning.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you hit a good shoe. Wear them and walk in them for awhile to make sure they stay comfortable then I would buy another pair. I may look into this company for myself.

    I sprayed weeds the other day and today I found a thousand new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking of that very thing - wearing them for a while and then ordering another pair. They also have some related products that I might try. I don't even want to think about all the grass & weeds I have!

      Delete
  3. Wondering what product everyone is using to spray weeds. Weeds here are taking over too. I need advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son sprays mine with a salt water solution. I don't know how strong he makes it or whether he adds anything else, but I will ask him.

      Delete
  4. Are you taking your photos with your new camera(s)? They should come out as .jpg's automatically. How are you sending them to Donald? They should go into your blog post the same way.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This my son's "recipe" for weed & grass killer: 1 gallon of vinegar, 1 cup of table salt, and 1 tablespoon of Dish Soap. Vinegar will kill the weeds, salt will adjust the PH in the soil so the weeds won’t grow, and the Dish Soap will help the vinegar stick to the weeds, rather than dripping off.

    It really worked well last year when he sprayed, but of course they come back year after year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Checked out those shoes/boots. I don't think the tread would be sufficient for the mountains and the conditions here. I like boots that have a wide toe area but the ones that do don't have the bottom grip I need here. Let us know how they hold up and if they stretch out and still give support...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday to your sister Amy, hope you had a great time eating pizza!

    Thank you for the weed and grass killer recipe. The weeds are out of control even after I had all the weeds removed a couple of months back.

    ReplyDelete