Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Early to bed, early to rise

I got to sleep in until 5:30 this morning!  Rocky wakes me up by trying to lick my face and hands, and I respond by covering myself up completely with the sheet.  From there it becomes a game with him.  He is so loving and sweet in the morning, although I really don't care to be licked.

It's still dark outside but the streets look wet.  I hope it clears up because I'm going to walk to Walmart Optical about 2 miles from here, to order new glasses.  I misplaced (lost) the prescription and had to ask the Dr.'s office to fax a copy to Wal. Optical.  I desperately need new glasses.  A few years ago the 4+ mile round trip walk wouldn't have  fazed me, but now I'm a little nervous about it, for one thing I still am wearing my old athletic shoes with a hole in the toe of one of them.  I ordered a pair that should be delivered in a couple of days, from a company that specializes in shoes wide at the toe and narrow at the heel.  I just had to return a pair of shoes I bought somewhere else that were too loose in the heel.

My haircut cost only $14.50 and could be the best one I've ever had.  I usually have to wait a week or two for a new haircut to look great and fall in place perfectly, but I walked out the door with the perfect cut this time.  I need to remember to look for the same stylist next time.

I just walked into the living room to a scene of destruction - Rocky chewed too much on a pillow I had once bought for my car.  It was especially designed to be easy on a person's back and I didn't even think it might contain some kind of gel.  I guess he chewed through to the gel which dripped all over one end of the couch, as well as all over my purse that I left sitting on the couch overnight.  It's the only purse I have except for a very dressy one - I remember the days when I had a purse to match every pair of high heels in my wardrobe, but for the last few years I've used one purse for all occasions.  Now what will I do?  The couch is ruined as well, and the pillows aren't the kind you can reverse and use the other side.  It's a cloth purse so I am going to throw it in the washing machine later this morning and see what happens.

I thought my day was going to go so smoothly, but I'll probably never have one of the smooth days again, at least until this little creature matures a bit!   I hope your day starts out better than mine!

3 comments:

  1. My purse happens to be all cotton, so I threw it into the washer and it came out looking better than before! I'm letting it air-dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may also be able to wash the pillows in the machine, and try to clean the couch with spot shot or shot spot, that stuff works really well and you don't Have to scrub just wipe it with a cloth. Hope it works for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but the pillows are the big stiff kind - I've been spraying and then scrubbing and then wiping up. The stuff that was spilled is a sticky gel that was inside the pillow he chewed. Most of it is gone now but I need to scrub again in wht's left of it. I will look for the spot shot next time I'm at Target or a store that might have it.

      Delete