Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Just a quick look

I can't say enough good about my new shoes and how much better my feet feel since I've been wearing them.  They aren't the sportiest nor the most beautiful athletic type shoe on the market, but for someone like me needing a wide toe box and narrow heel, they are perfect!  (click picture to enlarge):




They are not made with leather, but a stretchy fabric-type of material.  You can see from the side view that there is no lift in the heel part of the shoe, which the mfrs say contributes to throwing your foot forward as well as messing with things like balance, etc.  I don't understand or worry about the specifics, I just know my feet feel (and look) a hundred times better since I'm wearing them.  At first I noticed the difference in how the shoe doesn't lift up my heel, but now I just know my feet feel good.  And yes, when I take them off they go straight onto a shoe rack in one of my closets, and away from a nosy little black bandit who lives here!  He gives them a casual glance when I'm putting them on or taking them off, like he really isn't interested.

The rain has stopped this morning and it was comfortable when I took Rocky for a walk.  I am so proud of him - when we meet a car coming towards us, or when one is approaching from the rear, we stop at the curb and he looks so intelligent alertly sitting there  waiting until it's safe for us to go on.  Most of the time he does that.
 In just 9 days he will be 8 months old, and probably on track for a lab at his age.  I will probably notice a great improvement during the next 8 months!  I was ignoring his obvious wanting to go for a walk a bit earlier until he carried his leash to me and set it before me!

I'm getting excited about the family gathering tomorrow, although I was never able to reach my brother who lives south of here, nor the 3 who live in Carson City, Nevada.  The snow in the mountains will stop all traffic into and out of the Sierra Nevada.

I need to get moving today - and do something!  Andrew just stopped by for Rocky so I have a few minutes to myself.

Have a good weekend, and I'll see you on the other side of it!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great comments about your shoes. One of these days I have to try that brand. Time dure flies, it just feels like yesterday when yougot Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am certainly satisfied with the shoes and doubt I'll ever wear anything else. Rocky has grown sio much in the time I've had him - By now he is no doubt near 60 lbs, plus or minus a couple, and it's no wonder he can nearly pull me off my feet. We went for a long walk a little while ago and he was a perfect gentleman! The stars must be in alignment for that to happen!

      Delete
  2. I like your shoes especially the blue ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are actually both gray but the lighting and angle must have made one turn out to look more blue. I actually wanted the shoe in light green, but my finger hit the wrong button so I got grey. I'm happy with it and it goes with everything,

      Delete
  3. I like the shoes and will look into this shoe company.
    Rocky brought you his leash! Rocky is one smart baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometime he is too good for his own good. His chewing is driving me to distraction! I wonder if it will ever end.

      Delete
  4. Nothing better than footwear that feel good and give support:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is certainly true. I have happy feet with my new shoes!

      Delete
  5. Those are nice looking shoes!

    I can only imagine how happy Rocky made you feel when he brought you his leash for his walk. Time certainly flies by, I still remember when you got him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel, even though it is still far off!

      Delete