Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, November 17, 2018

The Dog Park

There were about 3 women there when I took Rocky outside and they called to me to bring him over.  As soon as we entered through the gate he was off and running!  There were several large dogs who could handle him fairly well, but the little dogs tell him in no uncertain terms when he's being obnoxious.  I loved it!  Actually he learned to play a little better by the time we left and he certainly got some great exercise.  I think he really needs the socialization, and maybe he will learn some doggie manners as he gets a chance to find out what is acceptable to the other dogs.

I rarely close him in his crate but wanted to mop the floors this morning, and was amazed how easy things can be without a puppy underfoot.  I really need to clean the driveway as he "goes" on it most of the time, but just haven't had the energy in the past two days.  It's a daily job!  I do manage to douse it with the hose frequently to keep the odors down.

I finally bit the bullet and bought another TV.  After being without one the past few years, I decided I needed to have one, although I do keep up with the news on youtube.  When I last had a tv there were very few programs I liked to watch, mostly on NPR and Animal Planet.  I like the science shows as well, but little else.  The tv will be delivered Monday and I need to talk to someone at ATT about service, and how it will work if I move in 5 or 6 months.  I suppose I'll have to pay for installation here and at the new location.  I would probably rather get an antenna that will allow me to get local news and PBS, as it's hardly worth the money to pay for all those channels I would never watch. 

My desktop weather tells me that rain is predicted for next Wed. & Thurs.  I haven't looked at a longer term forecast yet, and hope we get some decent cleansing rain.  I hope the areas that have been burning in the state also get some rain, although no lightning, please.

 

5 comments:

  1. Playing with the other dogs was good for Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is good for him and he was happy. I still worry about diseases such as giardia, as I don't know where he picked it up but he's still not back to normal.

      Delete
  2. Its good that Rocky got to play with all the other dogs and he did so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has been wanting to join the group since he was a little tiny puppy. It was funny to see the little dogs "warn him" when he was getting too rowdy around them. There weren't all that many dogs there, and none of the yappy kind. One of the women referred to the dogs who " guard the fence", and that's what they do whenever a person, vehicle, animal, etc. goes by. The run along the fence barking the whole time. I know it's just their inate behavior, but it's irritating to live right across the street from it.

      Delete
  3. Sorry for the late response but I am just now catching up with your blog.

    Being that you are probably going to be moving and that you do not watch much television to begin with...all you need is a HD antenna and you will be able to pick up all the free local channels in your area.

    The antenna's are not very expensive less than $20 bucks and even cheaper at DD's, Marshalls or Ross.

    ReplyDelete