Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Home again!

I arrived nearly on time on Friday afternoon.  On a cross country trip via rail you must always expect delays in the trains for one reason or another, but I think Chicago to Sac was only about 25 minutes late this time.

I haven't taken much time to rest and relax since I've been back as I needed to restock my food supplies, and it turned out to be a fun shopping day with Jeannie and Autumn.  This morning I was up early - Eastern time - and did laundry and several other chores at home.  My driveway was full of dried leaves and I even took care of that, although more will fall every day for a while.

I'm very discouraged about my computer which has been acting up constantly.  I believe it is a bad cursor but there are no doubt other problems with it.  I made a huge mistake in installing the latest update and subsequently find it completely changed just about everything on my computer.  I lost so many items and information, and they even deleted all past update versions from my computer so I can't reinstall a past version.  I am so angry about this because I am way past the stage where I eagerly look for positive change.  For the most part I feel
if it ain't broke, don't fix it!".  It wasn't broke and many of the changes seem to be at the whim of developers, who have to make even unnecessary changes in order to stay employed and busy.


I took some photos on the return trip, and will try to post them soon if I can.  I need to get something done about the cursor problem before doing anything serious, and I think I'm also going to buy an inexpensive Windows computer more as a backup.   I hate to think about doing without a computer for days or weeks at a time.

I had a wonderful trip but am relieved to be back home and get things taken care of here so that I won't be too stressed after my eye surgery.

10 comments:

  1. I had to go to an external mouse from Walmart about five years ago. Then the hot chocolate incident about four years added an external keyboard to my machine. Works fine now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear about the hot chocolate incident. I have had a beer incident and am extremely careful now! I'm going to get the mouse issue resolved and also buy a Dell or HP laptop to have as a backup.

      Delete
    2. The hot chocolate incident was in my blog when it happened. Basically I spilled hot chocolate into my computer keyboard and it quit working. Walmart to the rescue again with a new external keyboard.

      Delete
  2. Glad you're home and had such a great adventure. Computers are such a frustrating part of our lives. But also necessary. Hope you get yours worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a wonderful trip, with several side trips on the east coast, and a very good train ride both ways. Now I have to focus on my upcoming surgery and getting things ready so I can survive alone without good vision for a while!

      Delete
  3. It is great to be traveling but it is also great to be safely back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Barney, I bought external key board and mouse. I kept losing things because I was always hitting something and would delete what ever I was doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my sons is taking me to get blood drawn tomorrow morning, and I think a stop at Walmart on the way back is going to be necessary. I will definitely get a mouse and maybe an external keyboard while I'm at it. This is so aggravating.

      Delete
  5. The updates are piling up on my windows machine. I have it set not to automatically update because like happened to you they are just going to screw things up I know. I wait a long time before doing updates so that they can have patches to fix the stuff they broke by the time I finally take a chance and do it. I know the frustration you are going through. Glad you enjoyed your train ride both ways so much. What a great trip you had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have come to hate MS updates! I routinely turn off auto updates so I can decide if I want to do them.

    ReplyDelete