Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, July 22, 2018

A "Shop til you Drop Day"

No, I didn't actually do much shopping but accompanied Jeannie who did quite a bit.  Actually, she looked a lot, tried on quite a few, but actually  bought just a few things.  I helped carry packages and stood or sat around waiting for her to try clothes on and decide what to buy.

We stopped for a meal at Chipotle, and that is one of the few eateries that I enjoy going to.  The food and service are always superb.

I also bought a book, "Windows 10 for Seniors" (followed by the word "Dummies").  That is a ridiculous way to title a book in my opinion - does anyone enjoy being called a dummy, or reading a book for dummies?   But if I ignore that word and just read the book I think it will maybe help me with my new computer.  So far I haven't had the nerve to do much with it because the whole operating system is so foreign, and the screen seems to be so cluttered.  I'll eventually get it to my liking, I hope.

I need a nap after walking around all day, but if I can do without it another hour or two I'll just go to bed early for the night.  I hope everyone has a peaceful and restful night.

 

4 comments:

  1. The "Dummies" series of help books covers a lot of different things and has been very helpful to me in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has for me also and I just try to ignore the connotation of "Dummy"

      Delete
  2. I feel like a dummy every time windows does an update that breaks something. Looking forward to you letting me know how to deal with Windows 10 before I'm forced to. Still clinging to my 8 year old Windows 7 machine that I only VERY reluctantly upgraded from Windows XP when forced to. IMO, windows XP was the best operating system Microsoft has ever deployed. But if it ain't broke, replace it anyway for more bells and whistles seems to be the plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about Apple, and still like the clean and uncluttered screens. I'm hoping I can figure out how to do the same thing with the Mac, but it doesn't look promising. One thing I really dislike about it is the dark look of everything - it's all in shades of grey and black, and as anyone in the "senior" category knows, it is more difficult to see "dark" with aging eyes. Even the book shows pictures of the screens that are so dark I can barely make out what they are trying to show. Dark screens with grey print just doesn't make it for me. I need brightness in the background with crisp black print and I hope there is a way to do that, and that I figure it out. It's probably not too difficult except when faced with an entire system that I need to learn and then modify in order to use it.

      Delete