Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, July 30, 2018

Can't relax today!

I don't seem to be able to relax much today.  I've taken care of most last minute details - walked up to the Park Office to pay my rent for August, and did a load of laundry.

I went with Jeannie to Costco yesterday but didn't buy many items,  but most of them were sweet - ice cream, cookies, biscotti, etc.  That's what I've been craving and I know I shouldn't be eating much of it, but I'm going to baby myself this week.

After Costco we made a trip with the girls to the Mall for school clothes.  They tried on outfits - skirt and shirt - meant as Catholic school uniforms.  They looked pretty cute - nothing that cute was allowed when I was in Catholic school!!  (Note:  they don't attend Catholic school and trying on the uniforms was just for fun.  As a parent I think it is a lot easier to dress a kid in a uniform for school however.)

Later on I stayed with the girls while Jeannie & Donald went out on a "date" - dinner for just the two of them.  I think they need that once in a while, to get away from the crowd and just spend some time together.  After I start feeling better post-surgery, I'm going to suggest that I spend an evening at least once a month so they can go out together.  They both do so very much for me, so it's the least I can do for them.

I didn't intend to write a long blog today - just a few lines or a paragraph - but here I am in my "Gemini mode", and when I get started I find it difficult to stop.

I hope to be back in a couple of days, so until then - 

8 comments:

  1. Or as a special treat they could spend the night at Grandma's house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind that at all but I don't really have the space.

      Delete
  2. I wish I had a grandbaby to babysit for (once in great while that is). Blue Bunny ice cream treats and Wilcoxsins fudgecicles in my freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow! Praying the Dr has skills and patience to do a good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I'm pretty confident from what I've seen and heard about this clinic. I think I will be in good hands, and can say I have a positive feeling about it - right now I just want it over and done with though.

      Delete
  4. It is understandable that you would be a bit nervous the day before. I think it is a great idea to baby sit the girls so Jeannie and Donald can have a date night.

    Best of luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete