Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, June 21, 2018

A quick update

This is just a quick note to say that I am still here and enjoying family life, but that somehow I hurt my ankle without realizing how or why it happened.  My left ankle is a bit swollen and painful when pressed and I don't have a clue how it happened, but it's been bothering me since last Sunday.  I should go to an urgent care center to get it checked out, but to tell the truth, I wouldn't care if I never laid eyes on another doctor!  I may go in the next day or two if the discomfort persists.

Yesterday I attended the "moving up" cememony for my oldest grandson, who is leaving elementary school for the next stage of his education which I think is called middle school.  Back when I was in school we only had grade school (1-8) and high school (9-12).  Josh is at the stage of a boy's life when he can act so grown up and mature, and then switch immediately to an annoying kid.  This happens when he wants to aggravate his younger brother.  Having had 5 younger brothers and 3 sons, it all comes back to me.  Also I find it never ends as even when they are grown the competition is still there, usually driven by the oldest boy.

I wonder if I should stay off my feet and allow whatever is wrong with my ankle to heal, or to walk and get some exercise.

2 comments:

  1. You either twisted or sprained that ankle and staying off of it with cold compresses is what you need to do. Boys especially never out grow the urge to heckle their sibs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear your ankle is giving you pain. I'm surprised you don't remember tripping or turning it or something. What you should do probably depends on what you did to it. If you don't have pain when you walk then it's probably not sprained but Jim and Sandie are right about swelling needing ice. Hope it improves without a doctor visit.

    ReplyDelete