Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Under the weather

I've been suffering for nearly 24 hours with really severe abdominal cramps, that come and go - fortunately they aren't constant.  I don't have any other symptoms except a feeling of the blahs, but that could be due to the weather.  I have been going over in my mind what I've eaten in the last few days.

You may remember I bought two 1-1/2 qt containers of ice cream for when Joe's girls were here.  I ate the remainder of one of the containers two days ago, an I'm ashamed to say I ate the second one last night.  That's a lot of ice cream and a lot of sugar.   I think it could be what makes me feel so ill now, but I'm not a doctor, even though I usually diagnose my ailments as well as any doctor!    I have no other symptoms - only the abdominal cramps - and I think it has to be something I ate.  I just took a long nap and am thinking about what I might have for my supper, which is certain to include some mixed vegetables.  In fact, I may make my meal out of the veggies alone.

Today is the last day of low 90's weather, and tomorrow it goes back to much higher temps, a reason to feel sick in itself! 

I just got an email from eBay explaining the long wait for my coffee grinder as it is on the slow boat from China.  They asked me to give the product a 5 Star rating if I can, and if I want to give them less than 5 stars to contact eBay first.   I can't tell you how sorry I am that I didn't look closer at specialty stores here in Sacramento, even if I had to pay more for a similar product.  I guess I've always had an impatient streak and it sure has been activated by this purchase.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you get your grinder in time for your camping trip and that you feel well by then. I can't remember when you are going, but it is probably coming up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That camping trip keeps getting pushed back,but I'm hoping to get out for at least a few days. September might be a bit cooler than now, so I'm not in any hurry.

      Delete
  2. I am guessing ice cream will not be on the menu today:) Hope you feel better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad the ice cream is all gone and I'm not tempted. Thanks, I'm already feeling a lot better.

      Delete
  3. Why would you have to contact them to rate this item, that's ridicules what are they trying to hide?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All online companies want to be rated, and I guess eBay is interested in knowing how this company overseas is doing, and how I like their product. I sometimes do the rating but most of the time I don't - it has to be either really good or really bad!

      Delete
  4. I don't think they are allowed to do that. Don't see how you could possibly give them 5 stats as a company to do business with. I sure hope you feel better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is more than one issue: the product could be so good it would merit a 5-star rating. As far as service goes, I should have been more attentive to where it was being shipped from. To be truthful, I don't need it right away and the wait is more of an aggravation to my patience than anything else. I'll have to hold judgment until I receive the product, and if it's a piece of junk, then I will have gotten just about what I paid for. If it's pretty good, then I can justify the wait. I won't EVER order from an online company again unless I have to, and then I will have to know where the product is being shipped from.

      Delete