Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Still no grinder

I sure hope I never am tempted to order anything online from now on.  I should have shopped around in my own area for what I wanted rather than order from a website.  And of course, eBay (and Amazon as well) don't ship everything you buy from them from their own warehouse.  They farm the orders out to companies that may or may not be very efficient.  Ah well, I don't really need it yet, but I want it.

I'm waiting for another 30-45 min. before I leave for the gym to meet Jeannie.  This is really late for me to go anywhere, and walking/working out gets me into high gear and primed up for hours afterwards, so I won't be able to get to sleep before midnight.  She took off work to spend Donald's birthday with him, and is making it up by working an extra 2 hours a day to make up the 8 hrs.

I can't remember for sure, but I think I mentioned kicking around the idea of trying to do some gardening.  I went to Home Depot this morning and bought 3 packets of seeds, of vegetables that I love and eat on a regular basis; potting soil, pots, etc.  When I got home I could have kicked myself wondering why in the world I didn't just buy little plants that were already growing.  The vegetables I got are cool weather crops so I'm in no hurry to plant them, and hope it has cooled off a little by the time I need to transplant them into the ground.

Nothing much to write about - same old day for me, just trying to stay out of the heat.  Hope you are all doing the same.

13 comments:

  1. I still prefer to shop online because that means I don't have to deal with the people at the stores. The older I get the worse I get about putting up with crowds. It was 99 here today and no break in store. 90's every day and wind every night which doesn't help with the fires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm hopelessly a Luddite. I don't like crowds although I can put up with them if I have to. Shopping early usually means little or no crowds.

      Delete
  2. When we buy stuff online, we get one of our kids to do it for us. So far it has always worked out. If I had to grow my own food, I would likely starve..and I grew up on a farm:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd probably be the same way if I had to rely on what I could grow to stay alive!

      Delete
  3. I only had trouble ordering on line with Amazon one time and that was because it was from an outside source. Now always read through to make sure it is directly from Amazon or I won't order. Have never ordered anything for eBay.
    So you already bought your planting items, well it's a start hope all goes well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never like the idea of a huge company - Amazon - having the market for everything we need in our lives, now to include food. It is a big mistake to let all the companies go out of business and devastate the local job markets. And I still say I like to see and touch the product I want to buy.

      Delete
  4. I have never ordered anything from Ebay, I think I visited their webpage years ago and found ordering confusing. I have a brown thumb and I am also lazy, so I could never grow anything but I admire those who can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've made a purchase from eBay several years ago. I hope I don't have to go through this again. I am not sure I'll be able to grow anything, but I wanted to try. I'll keep everyone posted but it will be a while before anything happens. I bought seeds for plants that grow best in cooler weather, so I might as well hold on until the weather changes.

      Delete
    2. I used E-Bay about fifteen years ago to find replacements for some of my broken Pfalzgraf dishes and my experience was okay then.

      We are on the cusp of change and though I don't like it, I can't stop it. Mom & Pop stores (as well as mom and pop) are gone. Sears is gasping its dying breath and some of the box stores have gone away. It is a sad reality.

      Delete
    3. I agree with you completely. It's difficult to watch though.

      Delete
    4. I agree with you. It is difficult to watch and it is difficult to be an unwilling participant.

      Delete
  5. So sweet that Jeannie took off for Donald's birthday which he obviously had off too. Sounds like you should do the gym in the morning if it fills you with energy. If I were you, I'd go back and get plants. Seeds take a LONG time and you have to thin them. You could grow peppers and tomatoes and eggplant and okra in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea to get some plants! They are still available in some stores. We have some eggplant growing and it loves this heat and they don't take up a lot of room.

    We have some herbs in pots and planted a rosemary plant which is thriving.

    ReplyDelete