Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Back to hot!

it was just too good to be true or to last - I'm referring to the couple of decent cool days we've had.  The heat is back, and my desktop widget that shows a 5 day forecast isn't working.   I'll have to find something else to keep me informed.

I met Jeannie at the gym this evening for an abbreviated workout.   I feel a lot better than when I left for the gym at 4pm.

I've been watching YouTube videos but get tired of the same old stuff.  When you watch one or two vids on the same subject, they inundate you with similar ones.   I recently read a very good book about the fact that the earth is actually cooling, which is difficult to reconcile with triple digit temperatures, but remembering our cold spring that lasted well until the middle of June (very unusual for Sacramento where the heat usually appears in April or May at the latest), I'm ready for a cool down.  Not exactly, as the implications could be devastating to food production world wide.  But it is food for thought!

I just have a fan running in the living room which doesn't do much to cool things down, but I'm not going to turn on the swamp cooler at 7pm - I'll just deal with the warm air.  I should check outside and see if it feels any cooler on the driveway, but that is a dismal place to sit for a while.

Hope you are all keeping comfortable in whatever your weather is dealing you.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear your heat is back. I think of you often in our 70 Maine temperatures and am so glad I am here. It seems to be hot everywhere else. Glad the gym perks you up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heat will go on for the next 2 or 3 months and there isn't anything we can do about it, so I just try to stay cool in my house. I love being at the gym although sometimes it's difficult to "get a move on" and just go.

      Delete
  2. Difficult to get a move on??? For me it would be almost impossible if the gym was my destination. lol Temps aren't too bad here in Helena so far but probably warming up. We do need to get through July and August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually enjoy the gym, but going out and getting in the car and driving there sometimes makes me balk. Today I made several trips to the laundry bldg with loads I hung on the line in the courtyard, and then had to go back and get later - that's a lot of walking!

      Delete
  3. I wish I had the bandwidth to be able to see YouTube videos. It is true that as soon as you see a certain kind of video you will get bombarded with similar ones.

    I hate to think of you been in a warm house. It was not a pleasant experience when we went through it earlier this month. I am glad dad planted a lot of trees around the house when we first moved in, they helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete