Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Not much to write about

I feel like such a slug - can't do anything for any length of time.

Today I drove over to Straw Hat to make arrangements for our group to come in when Mike & boys are in town.  We will have about 18 people, adults & kids.  The owners remembered me from last time and were very happy that I wanted to bring the group back.  I wrote my kids that the owners remembered us from last time and we are still allowed back in!

I stopped at Home Depot to try to find a stronger vinegar for the weeds, but couldn't even find regular strength (which I still have plenty of).  If the vinegar stuff doesn't work I'm going to Round-Up next.  I tried to pull some weeds & grass as I do for a few minutes every day, and in no time I had a 13 gal garbage bag filled.  There is no end to all this, and tomorrow will be a day of rain so more will just sprout.  I am ready to just give up.  I hope that if we can pull up all the rocks and lay down some heavy plastic, it will help in the future, at least while I'm still living here.

I'm going to drag myself to the gym when Ara is ready to leave.  I would really prefer to work out in the morning and then be able to go to bed early in the evening, but I enjoy going with someone and that takes precedence.  I don't know why I'm so wired after the slack work-out I've been doing lately.

4 comments:

  1. There has been some really bad things found in Round Up, and I don't think it works very well. I use Spectrum or something like that. CRS is getting worse. But with rain all the time it seems like a losing battle.

    Love that you let the kids know even though they remembered you all they will let you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would use Round Up only as a last ditch effort. I've used it years ago and it doesn't work any better than other products. If the rain would just hold up for a week or so until the boys can pull up the rocks and such, maybe rototill the dirt a bit and lay heavy black plastic down before putting the rocks back.

    I love Straw Hat and they are so family oriented. Plenty of seating, and then plenty of things to interest and occupy kids while the adults can watch them from wherever they are sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too prefer to exercise in the morning. Don't seem to have the energy at night. Boy what a pain the weed rules are. I say if it's green just mow it and call it grass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't as if I could mow it the way it is. Years ago someone covered the entire yard with rocks and that's what the weeds & grass are coming through.

      Delete