Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

New info

I'm going to just start a brief new post, and won't try to respond to comments made on yesterday's post.  (Haha, when am I ever "brief"?)

I saw the cardiologist today and I think I can get along with her just fine.  I've never had respect shown to me from other cardios and vascular surgeons, but this doctor was tops from what I can see.

I will be scheduled for an echocardiogram as soon as they receive the ok from my insurance.  This is something new to me - I've never had an insurance issue before.  This does not bode well for future medical practice, in my opinion.

I'm going to make it short and sweet, and really don't want to bring it up again until I have the echocardiogram, plus see the cardiologist again in about 3 weeks.   I have mitral valve prolapse, and I was given two possible options:  open heart surgery (which she said is the safest), and going through the groin.  That was how they inserted the stent in my left artery, but it wasn't far from the groin to the shoulder.  Going to the heart could be a different matter, and one I'll have to research.  Also, it's quite a different matter from inserting a stent into an artery, to repairing the mitral valve prolapse  I've already heard of a couple of folks who have had the procedure done with good results, but they were almost half my age.

So I will study my options and am in the process of writing down comments and questions as I think of them - right now I'm pretty much in the dark as to what I should  do.  There is probably a wide variance in recovery time between the options presented to me.

Right now I'm feeling  better than I have in nearly a year.  Maybe the iron tablet is kicking in - whatever is going on can just keep on helping me live a good life for a few (or a lot) more years.  I will face whatever comes and be grateful for the life I've lived, and the people whose lives have touched mine.

I hope I don't get many questions at this point becaue I have no answers.

9 comments:

  1. All insurances now require a referral from the insurance it has been very annoying to say the least. And they take there sweet time about it too. So if you think this is taking a Dr. a long time it is the ins. Hope it won't happen to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs my dear, all are tough choices in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that you have some tough decisions to make. I suppose now you are understanding better why you have been feeling so tired.
    It's a good thing that you like the doctor. I would have thought Medicare would cover what you need done. So far----knock on wood!----whatever has been ordered for Old Man has been covered mostly by Medicare. I am sure you will be spending lots of time researching. Please do take care of you, and keep on eating well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had no idea what it was so I looked it up and found it is the most common heart valve problem and that fatigue is one of its symptoms. You may not have a thyroid condition if this is the cause. It is amazing what they can do to fix the heart. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you!! All will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A doctor you like can make all the difference in the world, glad you found a caring one. Sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a lot to deal with. I will keep you in my thoughts and wish you all the best

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I am so very sorry to hear of your medical problems. I hope they can decide on the best way to treat you so that you will be back to your old self as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete