Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Great news!

I am going to be a grandmother for the 11th time!  (Two of my grandchildren, twins, are deceased - Reese, the little girl, was stillborn, and Owen, the boy, lived for 7 months.)  I am very excited for Steve & Meg, and for big brother Liam.  He had told his parents that he hoped the baby would be a little sister for him, that she could share his room, and that he would put the posters of superheros into the garage so they wouldn't frighten her.  This child is going to have a loving brother!  I just learned last night that the baby was going to be a girl.

All my sons and son-in-law dote on their kids, but Steve is going to be absolute putty in his little girl's hands!

I've been going through photos this morning and discarded a bunch of duplicates plus pictures of people I didn't recognize (from hiking trips).  I have a complete set, over 170 photos, from my attempted thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail, but it was time to get rid of the duplicates.  What a difference in my ability to backpack then and now!  Crossing the border from Georgia into North Carolina was the worst climb of the trip, although it was because I wasn't yet in good shape.  I recall passing another hiker halfway up the mountain who had stopped to smoke a cigarette!  He didn't stay on the trail very long.  I can remember the time I realized I hiked up a mountain at the same pace I hiked down it!

I haven't figured out what I want to do today (although I should do a load of laundry, at least).  The temperature is going up to the low 90's, which will make it unpleasant to be outdoors.  I'd better get moving.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Gypsy. Wonderful news. I remember the time Liam came with his carpenter tools. Such a sweet little boy. He will love having tha little sister. How neat his thoughts about not scaring her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose. Liam will be a terrific big brother.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! THat is a lot of Christmas presents:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that! The Christmas list keeps growing.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!! We are going to be great grandparents for the 11th time in November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, what a happy occasion for you! We are both so fortunate.

      Delete
  4. Oh congratulations Gypsy. 11 grandchildren how wonderful. I hope her pregnancy is absolutely trouble free. Liam sounds like such a wonderful little boy. I hope the gang mentality in schools doesn't change him. I'll be very lucky if I manage two grandchildren. What a fantastic family you have. A real pay off for the work of being a mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My d-i-l is feeling pretty well, although tired. I can remember the sheer exhaustion of being pregnant.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! Wishing them the best Liam is so ready for this what a sweet kid he is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

      Delete
  6. Enjoy the little one -- there is always room for one more to love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true - always room for one more.

      Delete
  7. Congratulation Gypsy. It sounds like this lucky little girl in going to be arriving to a very loving family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. B. I can't wait to see and hold her!

      Delete