Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Back to normal

The events of yesterday went well, family and friends all gathered at a local restaurant after the church service, and I ate enough food for 3 days!  It was super delicious but I'm not used to so many courses, although because of the crowd and the private room it was spread out over a longer period of time than most meals would take.

It was so good to see Katy and Ara - Sandy just left to drive them to catch their train back to NYC and Ara on to Philly.  They are so energizing to me and I think we are so alike in much of our thinking, even though I'm way older than they are.

I passed the 28 day mark of the 28 day lemon water challenge and hope to continue it for as long as I can.  I think I have Katy hooked on it now, and wish her the success with it as I have experienced.  When I get back home I am going to try to get serious with the low carb, low sugar regimen.  The meal yesterday ended with a huge slice of the best cake I've ever eaten!

Not sure what I will do for the coming week - I'd like to drive to Best Buy at the mall where they have an Apple department.  My computer is not operating very well and I need to have it serviced.  I would imagine when they take the keyboard off they will find enough crumbs to bake a loaf of bread or a cake!  I shouldn't snack so close to the computer but I do it anyway.

When I get back to Sacramento I'm going to try to unhook myself from so much time on the computer as I have done with the TV.  I believe my ATT contract is up in late July/early August; I hope I can find an affordable internet connection with another company, but even if I have to go with something like the Verizon hot spot I will do it.  The big problem will be getting used to monitoring the gigabytes used.

10 comments:

  1. I'm not sure at our age we should worry so much about the treats we like. Enjoy your cake. But I would like to know how much lemon you put in your water and in what ways you notice its effects on you. Too bad you can't keep those girls around all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I squeeze half a lemon into a full glass of warm water. The effects that I
      have noticed is a lack of leg cramps during the early hours of the morning. I have no indigestion at all; I have had no allergies this spring except for maybe a few sneezes now and then, but no problems breathing night or day. I understand the lemon removes toxins from the liver, kidneys, intestines, etc. There are no doubt good results that I'm not aware of or associate with the lemon water. I'd say try it for 28 days and if you notice no difference at all, then decide whether to continue. I drink it before I even have coffee or anything to eat, and it is a wonderful start to the day, a little strange at first to be drinking warm lemon water, but it grew on me in a hurry and now I just love it. My niece (Katy) has celiac disease and I sent her home to Brooklyn with a lemon which should get her through the next couple of days. She drank it the two mornings she was here and loved it, so if she reports good results I will include them in a future blog.

      As far as treats, once in a while might be ok but it's almost a given that sugar leads to brain malfunction and possibly dementia. I don't want to take the chance.

      Delete
  2. You sound so happy Gypsy!

    I have been trying to get mother to try warm water and apple cider vinegar for her leg cramps but perhaps if I tell her to try it with lemon she might actually give it a chance.

    I was drinking water and baking soda in the mornings as a cancer preventer but gave it up since I am taking so much medication now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used apple cider vinegar and water for indigestion, but lemon is certainly easier to drink. I think I also tried the baking soda for indigestion but think the lemon has so many benefits and it actually tastes good to me. I'd recommend it.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a great visit with the family at the restaurant. Oh the young and their energy is wonderful to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a great weekend, and today everything is back to peace and quiet.

      Delete
  4. Normal??? Never - not our Gypsy. Good to hear you've having such a great time and a little sugar now and then is not going to hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably not be so happy if everything was normal for long! I'm sure I am more set in my ways than when I was younger, but I still like some disruption and a change of pace in my life now and then.

      Delete
  5. I recently went on the Gigabyte diet with Verizon MiFi It is difficult to stay within the allowed data range especially if you like to read blogs with lots of photos! So now when I go to Lowes to shop I use the free WiFi to upload my large photo batches...so it won't affect my data use at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the Verizon hot spot for years and was almost always able to stay within the limit. I didn't think about lots of photos changing things though. I have the feeling I couldn't ever go back to those limitations, so will try to find an alternate provider for unlimited internet. I'm determined to get rid of ATT service, slthough their internet is the only really good part. I'm afraid to even think of what they would charge me if I went down to internet only though.

      Delete