Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, August 17, 2015

Trying to beat the heat

Ok, so if a few readers happen to be a bit chilled because you live on the Pacific Coast, especially if you're lucky enough to live on the coast in Oregon, let me try to warm you up.  Or at least make you appreciate the chill.  Since about noon the temperature has been 100F (and rising to 106 for today).

I like to get up early and enjoy what coolness there is in the mornings, so I went to the gym and to the chiropractor this morning.  Since I've been back I've thought about going to Costco and Home Depot, and even gathered up my phone, keys, and purse several times.  Then I think of the awful heat out there and come back and sit down in the flow of air from my swamp cooler. 

This is terrible because I'm out of ice cream!   Fortunately I have a few cans of beer in the fridge, although the canned beer is just the rot-gut stuff (PBR).  I bought a quart of Miller Hi Life last week and nearly choked when I actually started to open it.  The bottle is made of plastic!   It's bad enough to pour it into a plastic cup at a picnic or while camping, but from a bottle in the fridge?  I swear it didn't taste at all like Miller Hi Life.  I need to make a trip to my local craft brewery and buy a few bottles to bring home, although that means I'll stand around talking to the staff and have a couple of glasses while I'm there.

So I don't know if it's worse to be out of beer or out of ice cream on triple digit evenings.  I think I'd vote for the ice cream to tell the truth.

5 comments:

  1. Well not being a beer lover at all, I would definitely vote for the ice cream in that outrageous heat. But if you RUN out to your car and get in and set the AC blasting you could drive over to the craft brewery and have a wonderful afternoon. Does it cool off at sunset? You could come back then. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having moved to California today, I have left the chill of the coast. Only in the 90's here. If I were a dog, I'd start shedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again this morning I tried to sit out but the humidity was horrible. But if it were me it would be ice cream all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband feels like you about the ice cream ...... All year,
    hot or cold.
    I'm in central Calif too..... Yes it's hot but have to admit we have had many
    cooler days too. My friends in Scotsdale are really suffering, 117.
    Looking forward to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you! I had to clean and sanitize my freshwater tank yesterday and today so I was outside in the sun filling the tank three times, and dumping the grey/black tanks twice. When I was done I headed straight for the showers. I was a puddle. Whew. Thank God for A/C! You need to stock up on ice cream and good beer, I'd guess the heat is with us for at least another month.

    ReplyDelete