Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Quickest shower of my life!

I arrived back in Sacramento a month ago to find a notice that my gas meter needed to be changed.  I had heard about some scam in which a different kind of meter is installed that is supposed to be more efficient, but has been unsatisfactory to those who have changed it out, so I disregarded the notice.  This is not a PG&E meter, by the way, but from some supposedly energy saving company.

Yesterday a man came to my door and said he was here to change my gas meter.  I asked him why it needed to be changed, and he said that the law requires replacement every 10 years, so I didn't ask any more questions.  After about 10 or 15 minutes, he appeared at my front door again, pushed aside the screen door, and took one step into the living room, saying "You have a gas stove, right?".  That fast I was standing in front of him so he couldn't come in any further, and told him that I had changed the gas to an electric range when I moved in.  He backed out the door after a bit of trivial conversation and I thought that was the last of it.  I went out and looked at the meter, and it seems ok.

This morning I turned the shower on and normally I get instant hot water.  In fact, the water is so hot that I had Steve turn it down to the middle point.  The hot water comes out almost instantly but it doesn't need any cold water to make it comfortable.  I take a quick shower anyway and have never run out of hot so far.

This morning, the day after the new meter was installed, I waited and waited for the water to get even warm.  It didn't so I stepped in and nearly froze, and took the quickest  cold shower I have ever endured.   Since it is Sunday there is no way to contact the office, but you can be sure I'll be there first thing tomorrow morning!  I am going to be so angry with myself if I have fallen for some kind of outrageous scam.

I have a re-exam at my Chiropractor's office tomorrow, and I hope to see scans of "then and now".   I'll also find out if I go to a twice a week schedule or keep up the 3x a week visits.  I usually mention some little nagging complaint each time I go, and pretty soon I'm not noticing it any more.  I haven't had heartburn or indigestion, and I notice my knees don't hurt when I stand up.   That's in addition to how much better my posture is.  This is turning out to be the best money I've ever spent on my health in all the years of my life.

3 comments:

  1. When he changed your gas meter, the gas would have been turned off for a short time which would put out your pilot light on the gas hot water heater. Just had that happen to me a couple of days ago. Turn the valve on the gas tank to pilot and click the ignition switch. Check to see if the pilot light is burning and then turn the temperature setting up using the dial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure is a sterling recommendation for your chiropractor. I am so glad to hear how much good it is doing you. But not so much the meter man. He came to change your meter on a week-end? That alone would have made me suspicious. Hope Dick is right about the gas being out and you only need to reignite the pilot. Seems to me the meter man should have told you if he cut the gas off which he would have had to do to change your meter. Hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also find it strange that he came on we weekend. And if indeed you have a gas water heater he should have made sure evernthing was still working. You should have an emerency number to call on weekends. Good Luck

    Good to hear you are feeling so much better since seeing this Dr.

    ReplyDelete