Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, July 31, 2014

I'm Melting!

Was it the witch in the Wizard of Oz that just melted onto the floor?  I think it could happen to me!  It's 101 and climbing, although it's felt much hotter to me today.  I went to Costco earlier and replenished my ice cream supply!

I went to the gym last night, the first time in probably 3 wks.   I thought I would be really set back in what I could do, but it actually felt wonderful to be exercising.  I also noticed that I couldn't feel pain from the mesh used to close the hernia, so I am hopeful that it's healing well, and I didn't have the sore muscles that sometimes follow a good workout.  I've promised myself to not be concerned with getting rid of my little round belly until closer to a year post-op, and I want to make sure I've healed thoroughly.  At 122.6 I'm over my 1st goal, and if I keep eating ice cream like I have I'll meet my 2nd goal of 125 very soon!  (The ice cream is no doubt going straight to the little round belly!)

I got my internet with ATT up and working.  I've been looking for an email alternative to AOL which gives me no end of trouble, and was happy to know I could get an email address with ATT.  Unfortunately, I found out that it is actually with Yahoo, who takes care of their email stuff.   At least 15 or more years ago I belonged to a Yahoo group which has now migrated to Facebook so I no longer have contact with them, but my sign-in name and email have remained.  I tried to change it but without success, so I will just let it go  for now.   I think if I could find a reasonable user friendly email program I would even be willing to pay for it.  

 The internet connection seems good and about the same speed as what I got with Verizon.  I'll wait a day or two to cancel Verizon, just to make sure ATT works out ok.  I will have to say that all the ATT techs and representatives I've spoken to have been outstanding, and don't want to leave me on my own until I'm absolutely sure I have everything right.  Having my ATT television service for the past 6 months I can also say that when I had a problem and had to call them I got excellent service then as well.

Although I can't find many programs to record, I find a few such as Animal Cops-Houston, and once in a while a history or science program that sounds good.   Movies just don't interest me, nor do sports, and that's about half of what TV is all about.   Then deduct half of what's left for silly game shows, sitcoms, and reality shows, and there is very little left.   What remains is primarily documentaries about WW II and now there are some on Vietnam.    That doesn't leave me much TV watching potential, does it, but it feels good to me to have it available - just wish the cost wasn't so high.

 I'm finally cooling off.  I thought I had High Cool on but in fact had High Fan Only.  The unit is on the ceiling so I have to look straight up to read it, and it gets distorted so I often get the wrong setting.
My rent bill which includes utilities is $13+ less than last month, but just slightly less electricity used.  I wonder if the solar panels the Park added has contributed to my bill being lower.   I hope that's what it is and will continue to result in a slightly lower cost for me.

I'm hungry and ready to go fix a quick meal, but the kitchen is very hot this time of day.   I guess I'll wait a little while - my thermometer is showing 102 and over 93 inside the house.   I haven't been swimming in years but if I had a pool right now I'd be in it!
 





 

8 comments:

  1. You are definitely hotter there than it is at my place and you can keep it, I don't want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been known to use my small pocket binoculars to read gages etc when necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are a little higher today and the humidity is just plain nasty. It was really nice this morning but it just didn't last.

    I sure wish I could eat that ice cream but it goes to more places than just my stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like using my Yahoo address for email. I also have a gmail address which I like too. I am almost sure that you could make a yahoo address for yourself with any name you want. Good lick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your rehab continues successfully. Have you considered a gmail account; free and very reliable. The summer heat is really hard to take. Glad I'm RVing so I can move to avoid it, or at least find a better spot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your trip to the gym went well. The break was probably good for your healing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have used Earthlink for just about as long as it has been out, and have had no actual problems with it. Sometimes there are internet outages, as during a raging ice storm or something, but otherwise, we have no complaints. The "senior rate" is $20. a month.

    I have never used gmail, but I thought I had read that you can access your mailboxes only when actively connected to the net. That would be a deal breaker for me, but maybe I am mistaken in that notion. Anyone know?

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I have ever experienced a temperature over 100 degrees. 80 is lots high enough for me. 65-70 is my best operating range. Sounds like your doing better these days & oh yes I agree with you a hundred per cent on that television stuff.

    ReplyDelete