Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, February 28, 2020

Another beautiful day

I think I'm going to need to water my outdoor plants, as it looks like we don't have any more rain in the near future at least.  I sure hope we get more in March.

I want to start planting my yellow squash and zucchini seeds this weekend, but it means I first have to go pull grass and weeds to get ready for the garden.  It might take another month for my tomato plants to grow enough to put them into the ground.  It takes my mind off the terrible news of the day about the virus.

And speaking of the virus, I think I am about to the point where I am going to keep myself at home as much as possible.  I thought I'd like to make one more trip to Costco, but I can order online if I need something.  I think I am pretty well prepared to last it out, and even bought extra food for Rocky.  I really do need to make another trip to an ATM as well as to Ace Hardware store to pick up a few gardening supplies that I need.  This is the scariest threat I think I have ever seen in my lifetime.

I hope all my readers are preparing themselves and their families/pets for the coming few months.  Maybe we are hearing the worst possible scenarios to get us to prepare, and in reality it might not be as bad as it looks.   On the other hand . . . . 

6 comments:

  1. Hope you get around to pulling your garden weeds so you can be ready to plant. We are expecting more rain Monday and a dip down to the 50's again after having such nice 70 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try doing a good sized patch tomorrow morning. The tomatoes won't be ready to plant for another 3 or 4 weeks, and I just put the seeds for zucchini & squash directly in the ground. Hope to have them all in by the end of March. Be happy for the rain - I don't think I'll see much more until fall!

      Delete
  2. I have been busy stocking up before the coronavirus gets out of hand and there is nothing left on the shelves. I need to go buy more cat food for the boys and Katie.

    I heard that a dog in Japan was the first animal to be diagnosed with the virus and he got it while being walked. They were telling people to wash their pet's paws every time they went out...now that is scary!

    I think it is best to be prepared for any eventuality beats the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a big back yard, but I hate to not take Rocky out for walks. There is so much to check out and sniff.

      Delete
  3. Jim and I hit the store yesterday and stocked up. I think I was more worried about toilet paper than food. And wipes with alcohol. I too think this could be a scary time especially for people like Jim with so many health issues. We have lots of dog food. Definitely can't let them run out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have about 120+ rolls of TP so I should be ok on that point unless my kids run out and come to me for resupply! I worry about Rocky and what will happen to him if I don't make it.

      Delete