Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, July 22, 2019

Speaking of house plants

I am just trying to maintan the tomatoes and squash in my garden, and I'm looking forward to expanding it next month to include other veggies.  In the meantime, I am getting such enjoyment out of my indoor plants.  I've been able to take cuttings and grow extra plants from most of them.  I bought two coleus plants in really large containers which I placed outside my front door, but with the dog brushing up against them now and then I've found stems that were broken off.    I brought them indoors to place them in water for a couple of days, and am amazed at how easy it is for them to grow roots.  In fact, I've decided to take some other cutting from the coleus because they are outgrowing the pots they came in.  I've been reading about how much indoor plants can purify the air around them, so I'm placing plants and cuttings in all my rooms, and they cheer me up just looking at them.  I bought a gorgeous snake plant that looks as if it is outgrowing the pot it came in, but I'll have to research what I need to do to separate it and give it room to grow.

I wanted to mention that after the fiasco with Rocky and his crate last week, I moved the crate back into the living room.  I left him in it when Jeannie and I went to the gym on Friday and he was just fine.   He gets excited when he hears the car pull up however, and if we are too slow getting in the house he pees in the crate every time!  As long as he doesn't destroy things I don't mind cleaning up after him.  He tries to be a good dog and is getting better at it all the time.  I bought a new pad for the crate that looks like it has a tougher fabric than most, and he won't  be able to get at the stuffing.

Time to go to bed, so I'll say goodnight and see ya again soon.  


 

4 comments:

  1. I miss having plants in my house but they all died for lack of love. I was thinking of adding a few new ones since I use the spare bedroom now to exercise in and a few plants might make me happy to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading a lot about how plants improve the air as well as your mood. I am putting them in all my rooms now I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Besides, they make me happy just to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plants in my case flowers just by their beauaty sure improve our day. You mention you have "a gorgeous snake plant" I have never heard of one before and just by it name do not know if I want to. I do not want to Google it as I have a terrible fear of snakes even if they might be just a plant.

    Have you considered adding horse pine pellets to Rocky's crate? If he pees on them it is an easy clean up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take a photo of my snake plant tomorrow and put it in a blog post. It is actually called a sansaveira (sp?), a snake plant, and probably has a few other names as well. It is a beautiful spiky type of plant; the leaves are green with yellow around the edges, and the texture of the leaves is sort of leathery. I don't think it looks anything like a snake. There are probably varieties other than the one I have.

      Rocky only pees in the crate when I have come home after leaving him in it. I think it's mostly excitement at the thought of getting out of jail!

      Delete