Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Great workout!

Jeannie and I spent about an hour at the gym last night, and I loved it!  Just like old times.  I was conservative in the machine settings - nothing too strenuous but still a good workout.  I thought my legs might be sore this morning but I feel great all over!  I knew my arms could take it because of walking a dog who pulls on the leash sometimes.  I hope to go back on Friday and will up the bar a little.  We finished off the gym visit with the massage beds - Jeannie tried a massage chair but I felt like just lying there and letting the machine do its work.  Wonderful!

After a great time at the gym I came home to disaster.  Because of the new recliner in the living room, I moved Rocky's crate to the big spare room (which they converted from a garage).  I opened the drapes a bit so he could see outside, and left him plenty of toys and treats.  I came home to find out he practically destroyed the crate - I will have to buy a new tray for the bottom of the big crate as he chewed a lot of it and broke it into pieces.

In the future I might temporarily bring the crate back to the living room for the time I'm gone and see if he gets back to normal, but I'm not going to let him keep me confined to the house when I want to go out.  

I picked the first zucchini this morning.


I should have waited a couple more days and let it grow just a bit more, but I'm a little too impatient.  There are several more that should be ready to pick in a day or two.

I've been trying to get this blog written all morning so I'll just call it quits now and hit the "publish" button.

Have a good day.

6 comments:

  1. I was worried that he got to your new chair! If he could get out of the crate, that might happen. I guess the crate is plastic---he could not have destroyed a metal bottom? Good that you like going to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crate is metal but the tray in the bottom was a hard plastic. When I got it I also bought a really nice comfy pad that exactly fit in the crate, but within a day or so he had completely de-stuffed the pad. Took every last bit of filling out of it. He has never gone near my new chair, although when I'm sitting in it with my feet up, he lies under the footrest part and takes a snooze. I haven't a clue why.

      Delete
  2. Maybe the change in the room made him feel fear of being left? Since you only have recently moved it may have been a bit to much. Who knows, like you said when you leave put the crate back in the living room. Your right not to let him keep you home. Glad you enjoyed the gym.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I brought the crate back into the living room today, and now I need to get a replacement tray for it. I hope he feels more secure in it again.

      Delete
  3. Like RunNRose...I was afraid he had destroyed your new chair...glad that was not the case.

    Perhaps you going to the gym and leaving him at home may be good for him in the long run as he gets used to you not being there 24/7.

    Nice looking zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The zucchini sure tasted delicious! I am leaving the crate in the living room for a while longer - I don't care what it looks like!

      Delete