Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Cooking with a dog in the audience!

I actually love cooking with a dog overseeing the operation.  It can be aggravating, but all you have to do is "drop" something accidentally once in a while.  There is no one in the world who will appreciate the kitchen smells more than a dog, and you know how advanced they are in that regard.

I had all those beautiful vegetables in my recent delivery, plus some organic chicken breasts, so I decided to make a soup.  Rocky supervised the process.  I haven't eaten any yet but it sure looks and smells delicious.

Last night was the second of six puppy training classes.  I took him for a walk this morning and tried the suggestions I got from the class, and was very surprised at how well it went.  He is a fast learner.

Last week I wasn't thrilled with the instructor.  This week she showed herself to be the same as me although closer to my daughter's age than to mine.  But the "same" applies to the frustrations, being upset , and downright p***ed at her dog once in a while!  So I decided to listen and learn, while still retaining my own "language" rather than using what feels stilted to me.  Jeannie is so good at it and I'm very proud of her, and I realize that I was once that good as well.    Our star shines brightly for a few years, and then, hopefully, we can bask in the light of our children's stars - or nieces/nephews, younger siblings, etc.  I'm very lucky to have four such shining stars, and they all make me proud.  And believe it or not, this beautiful animal is going to make me proud!

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, beautiful, uplifting post, Gypsy. So happy that things are going well for you, your family (all of whom obviously love and care about you) and the new handsome guy in your life. Keep on shining yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a wonderful, beautiful, uplifting comment! I'm very honored by your remarks and I thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about giving us some more pictures of this beautiful animal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of photos have been taken in the last few days but I haven't seen them yet. The problem with getting a good picture of Rocky is that he is coal black and it's harder to distinguish his face! He has the most beautiful and angelic face and I'm hoping someone was able to capture it. I'll double check to make sure they send me copies.

      Delete
  4. A nice pot of soup always makes me happy.

    Sounds like training is coming along just fine. Have you tried using your flash to take pictures of Rocky? May work better if his head is turned to the side so he doesn't get flash blind. Or take them outdoors. I bet he has changed quite a bit since you last posted his face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since my vision isn't the best by a long shot, I really need someone else to tke the pictures. I'll ask my daughter if she has any good ones. He just moves too fast for me to get focused. His little face is so beautiful and innocent, although he certainly isn't all that innocent.

      Delete
  5. Certainly know what you mean about photographing a Black Lab. Only have a couple of really good ones of mine and yet many of the two Yellow Labs we had over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just took a couple of photos of Rocky and can't get them to download. I'm beginning to really detest technology that keeps changing every day. They shouldn't be allowed to update anything more often than once every 6 months!

      Delete
    2. I just discovered that Apple Photo has been updated and I can't seem to access the new one. I give up on technology completely! I'll see if Jeannie can email me some good photos.

      Delete