Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Travel Preparations

I'm always so excited to be planning a trip, and this time is no exception.  I went to Costco this morning and bought a 2-pc set of Samsonite luggage.   The box it came in is heavy as well as awkward, and I barely got it into my cart.  I was having trouble getting it from the cart into the car, and a very nice gentleman came over to do it for me.   I really appreciated his help and kindness.

I also bought several new tops, all the same size but only one fits well enough to keep.  I don't have a clue about why that is!   So I'll soon be back to Costco to return the other two.   I love that store, and not just any Costco, but "my local Costco". 

I'm getting to that stage in the day where I get sleepy, especially if I read or try to work a crossword puzzle.

I hope all is going well for everyone who reads my blog.  I don't have much else to say today, but see ya tomorrow!

 

10 comments:

  1. I hope you have no trouble returning those items. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Costco is very good about taking things back. And because they have no dressing rooms to try on things for size, I often buy things in two different sizes and take one back.

      Delete
  2. It is crazy how clothes no longer have any standard for size:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure don't, and I don't understand how one item can be so far off.

      Delete
  3. I would love to buy clothes on line (because I hate to go to the store) but you just never know if they are going to fit. I am looking forward to hearing about your journey. We can't take off for another month and a half or so but I'm beginning to feel that excitement also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't like to buy anything on line as I prefer to support the local economy, jobs, etc. And there is no substitute for holding something in your hand, touching the material, etc. But I no longer care much about buying clothes because I don't like to get dressed up and rarely go anywhere.

      Delete
  4. Planning for a trip is always exciting. And new luggage. Now that's something. We don't belong to Costco. I always have trouble paying for memberships to shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Costco is about 2 miles or so from my house, plus there are two other stores in easy driving distance. I love their merchandise which is high quality, and I've more than saved enough to pay for the membership. A few years ago I bought the version of membership that gives me a certain percentage in cash back on my purchases. I always get enough to pay for the base membership plus the extra, and always end up with money to spend as well. I've been a member since the late 1980's when it was called "Price Club". It's been well worth it to me. In the past I've also had a membership at BJ's which wasn't very satisfactory at all, and have shopped with a friend at Sam's Club. No comparison - I'll stick with Costco.

      Delete
  5. I miss the excitement of planning and looking forward to a trip.

    I have never been in a Costco before but if I ever get back to the big city I would consider it due to your good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize how much I missed the excitement of a trip. My new suitcase is gorgeous!

      The only trouble with Costco for a single or 2-person family is that a lot of smaller items are larger sizes or packed in 2's or cases. If you have the room to store things you can get some wonderful buys. They also have a lot of great deals on food items - produce, frozen & fresh foods, etc.

      Delete