Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Caught off guard!

The heat today caught me off guard, as I don't yet have my swamp cooler uncovered and can't use it.  I held off until I was fairly sure it wouldn't rain  any more this season.  It's up in the 80's today and tomorrow, and then will go back down to a more tolerable 70's and 60's for a while.  I wish it would stay at 65 for the rest of the summer, but that's a pipe dream!

I'm expecting my sister and her husband to drop by later, and I hate it that it's so warm in my house.

I was going to cook today but didn't get the meat thawed out in time, so I just said "the heck with it".  My appetite is way down lately - I don't know what's causing it but eating only two meals a day doesn't help hold on to my weight gain.  I lose my appetite in the late afternoon and just snack if I eat anything.

I visited my opthamologist yesterday morning and confirmed my left eye is really bad.    I wrote down what is wrong with it but can't find where I put the note!  The Dr. said I need surgery and is sending a referral to a specialty group.  He says the surgery is very safe and effective, and he thinks I'll be happy with the results.  The group will call me and arrange a visit, although I might be back east for a couple of months.  My Dr. didn't see any problem with waiting until mid-summer.  I absolutely hate the thought of any more surgery, but having been through cataract removal in both eyes,  and cornea transplants in both,  I guess I can deal with it.  Is this what getting old is all about?  There are several other issues I have that probably warrant surgery, or will in the future, but I'm not even going to think about it, much less mention any of it to a doctor.   I'd like for my eyesight to get better however.

I've been doing a few exercises every day to try to improve my balance as well as upper body muscles.  I'm doing "wall push-ups" to see if I can get prepared to do the regular kind.   I have trouble seeing, walking, remembering, and a lots more, but by golly I'm going to do push-ups in the near future!

 

3 comments:

  1. Start off slow with the exercising, you don't want to over do it and be worse off than before you started. Take care, you hear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I learned to not overdo it, especially in the beginning. I did get on the floor this morning to see if I could do one pushup. I guess I have a little more practicing to do!

      Delete