Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, March 19, 2018

My helpful kids!

Steve came over with Liam & Quinn who entertained me while their daddy used the weed-whacker to cut down the really tall grass & weeds.  As soon as we have a long stretch of sunny weather in the forecast he will spray and we'll get to work on the yard.

Before he left with the kids Jeannie came over with Arianna and went to work on my "storage room", which is now my "art room" as it used to be.  About 2 weeks ago you couldn't even step into the room without tripping on something, and now it looks really good.  Again, we got rid of a lot of junk!   I'm glad to be rid of most of it, but it hurts sometimes!

I took some photos of the room (but they are "afters" and not "befores!).  The lighting plus my camera are terrible, but I took them and they give an idea of what kind of room it is.  You just wouldn't believe what it looked like before, and I'm happy to forget what it looked like!  Click to enlarge photos.



This is a very small room and it's hard to believe that the woman who owned the house previously actually used it as a bedroom, with just a small twin bed in it.  It might work for a child, but her 40-something year old child had the "big" bedroom, kept the door closed all the time and smoked in the room.  I didn't think I'd ever get rid of the smoke, but eventually I did.

I did a ten minute walk this morning (about 1/2 mile) and then came home because I saw the streaks in the sky.  I may drive to the gym later on today and finish my walk under cover. 

It's lunch time and I'm hungry!  Donald sent over some delicious corned beef and cabbage he cooked for St. Patrick's Day, and I have half of it left.  I think I might go for it right now!  Thanks for tuning in, and I'll see you in another day or two.

 

6 comments:

  1. Great to have kids that will help out:) Our full time years cured any need for stuff. We still try to only have what we really need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it cured mine, but it seems like more and more things have crept back into my house and life. But I also manage to keep reams and reams of paper, and it's hard to go through it all and get rid of it.

      Delete
  2. You have some fantastic kids!

    Your new art room looks tidy and neat. I bet your corned beef and cabbage was delicious...I'm hungry now :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to stand in the doorway to that room and just look at it!

      Delete
  3. Just the thought of Donald's Corned Beef and Cabbage makes me swoon! The room looks wonderful. Love the maps on the walls. You're like me in that your travel dreams never die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The corned beef has been really delicious. I have a little left and am going to try to make corned beef hash for dinner this evening!

      My kids and grandkids love those maps also. We all stand in front of them and are transported to another world.

      Delete