Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Where did this appetite come from

I have had a very healthy appetite for the past year or so, even though I was dealing with lymphoma.  And now, I just don't know what is happening but some of my sweat pants are a bit snug, and I don't think I even want to try on a pair of jeans right now.

I decided to start exercising a little every day - just a bit at first and then maybe work up to a routine that's longer and more strenuous.  I feel great and have been wanting to gain weight for a long time.  What I'd like to do is to get rid of the belly fat I've been carrying around since I had repair for an umbilical hernia. 

I've been finding some new recipes on Youtube - some of them work and are delicious, while others aren't bad but not worth making again.  My breakfast this morning was a beaut! 

The weather has been strange - it's up to 64 today and alternates between extremely heavy downpours and brilliant sunshine.  Interesting, to say the least.

I still don't have much to write about but hope I can become more active in the near future.  It's been a long time since I've done anything to "write home about".   Wherever you are, I hope you are having a good day! 

8 comments:

  1. I wish I had room to gain some weight...unfortunately I do not :(

    YouTube has some pretty good recipes, I am currently looking for some so I can make "Bacalao" for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have some good recipes and I've been trying out a few. My boss back when I was working is from Puerto Rico. She absolutely hated, and wouldn't eat, any kind of fish. When she mentioned bacalao I said "That's fish!". She replied, "No, I hate fish. Balacalo is NOT fish! Don't tell me it's fish." She loved bacalao though.

      Delete
  2. What was your great breakfast? I need some new ideas.Let us know if you figure out the belly fat solution. Seems all we older people have that, thin or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't find the breakfast youtube video. I diced red pepper, baby carrots, and another veg that I can't remember and sauteed them for about 5 min. on low, then threw in LOTS of baby spinach for another minute, which cooks way down when it wilts. You can use anything you like and have on hand - mushrooms, etc. When the vegetables are just about cooked, I added two eggs that I had whisked, so that it covered all the top of the vegetables. When the eggs were cooked I slid it out of the skillet onto a plate and topped it with shredded cheddar - it starts to melt immediately. You have a nice big "pancake-looking" piece of heaven. You could also use onion, but I used a bit of onion salt yesterday - none today. Any vegetables you like would do as long as you manage to add them so that they are all cooked pretty well the same when you add the egg. Now I'm needing to replenish some of the vegetables I used up - think I'll get some zucchini as well. You get the idea - I follow recipes pretty loosely, and you can adapt it to your liking and way of cooking. Both days I ate the entire thing with a toasted buttered English muffin. I'd say you could double the amounts, because you probably eat lighter than I do but David could eat way more. I love my breakfast and it's usually a big one!

      Delete
  3. It is good that you have an appetite. Eating is one of my favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been overweight in my life, and wonder if that might change. I wouldn't know how to diet! I weighed about 10-15# more in my early 50's but was an inch or more taller, and a lot healthier back then.

      Delete
  4. It's nice to hear that your feeling so well.
    A good appetite is always a good sign !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my appetite is any indication, I am ok!

      Delete