Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Rain today!

I didn't expect to see much rain, if any at all, for the remainder of the year.  But it started coming down this afternoon, which will make my crop of weeds and grass grow like crazy.   Too bad I don't live somewhere that I can have a pet that grazes.  A small goat would do.

I've really worked at staying awake today and not resting my eyes for "just a few minutes".  My final infusion tomorrow is at 8:50 am, so I need to be up bright and early.  I am not sure what the process will be after tomorrow - I believe I see the doctor in a week or two, and I also remember that the full effects of the treatments take about a month to materialize. 

My daughter would remember - it's a good thing she hears everything that I need to know, because for some reason I forget most of it as soon as I hear it.  I used to have such a fantastic memory, but it's gone the way of other talents that I've lost.  Actually, I believe I haven't lost anything - it's just after so many years of living a person's brain becomes completely stuffed with facts, figures, etc. and it's just a problem to access them.

I may or may not post tomorrow - I'll probably feel fine by late afternoon being that my appointment is so early in the day.   Thanks to all of you who have stayed with me these past weeks.  I know it gets boring to hear about medical issues, and I can't wait to find new and better things to write about.  I really appreciate all your good thoughts and encouragement.





 

10 comments:

  1. You spoke of something called memory? I have no knowledge of something called memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think computers and grandchildren have great memory from what they tell me.

      Delete
  2. Jim doesn't remember what his doctors tell him either. But down here they are really good about putting it into the computer and giving him a copy for me to read. Good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm sure everything will be just fine and I won't have to go back!

      Delete
  3. So happy to see you are chirping away on this. As for remembering all you were told in the initial discussion, that's normal! It's hard enough being on the receiving end of all this stuff without having to hold it all in your mind. The doctor's office may give you a little notebook to keep track of all you hear or experience, but even that is hard to keep up. That's why we have someone along with us to hear it and remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter remembers details I probably didn't hear in the first place. I'm lucky to have her along with me.

      Delete
  4. Wishing you well as you complete your treatments and that good results will be reported. Take care and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I really appreciate all the positive thoughts.

      Delete
  5. Sending you positive thoughts and good wishes for your final treatment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I truly believe all the positive thoughts help me keep positive, which is so important in healing.

      Delete