Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

What has come over me?

I think I've had the most productive day today in the last year.   It started with a visit to my chiropractor; then to the gym.  I'm walking 1-1/4 miles at a time now.  

I came home and did a few odd jobs around my house that have been bugging me for months, including applying the first coat of paint on the replacement paneling in the living room.  There isn't much actual paneling to be painted - about 3 to 3-1.2 ft wide above and below the window, but Joe can't finish up the trim around the window until the painting is done.  I did the first coat with a brush because I didn't want to deal with splatters, but will need to apply a 2nd and 3rd coat with a roller.  I might even try the 2nd with a brush again as it is a lot easier to clean up.  This job may not seem to be all that big of a deal, and it shouldn't be, but it has really been driving me crazy!  So I started it and patted myself on the back when I finished the first coat.  (Actually I said, "Damn, Marty, YOU ARE GOOD!)  I even dug out a pair of sweat pants that has paint spots of them, that I just recently found in one of the drawers.  

That sort of did me in so of course I took a nap!  I just hope I can get a little bit of energy and motivation several days a week, and I might see a big difference.  I've let things go for so long I'd be embarrassed for anyone but my kids to visit me. 

The house has been so cold in the morning that I dug out the small electric heater I use to warm the bathroom  before taking a shower.   I have another electric heater for the living room, but haven't been able to find it.  This is a small house and there are only so many places it could be hiding, but I sure haven't found it yet.

So I'm quite pleased with my day today.  It wouldn't seem like much, but for someone who has been unable to do much of anything in the past year it has been very good for me.  I wish I knew what is giving me a little extra boost - I'm always tweaking my diet but unfortunately I don't know of anything that would have increased my energy, and I don't know if it will last.  I'm grateful for every little bit though.

6 comments:

  1. It is so enjoyable to have an "energy spurt." A couple of days ago, I cleaned out my silverware drawer and it gave me such a lift to have it clean and in order. Go figure.

    Congratulations on your paint job! The hardest part is finished and the roller should be a quick fix.

    Today has been a good day for me too. It was so pretty outside and the sun was shining so I even opened up my windows to air out the house. We had two deer visit our back yard and I stood still for a long while to avoid scaring them. Thankfully, they weren't browsing in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things I love about visiting my son in New York is the wildlife that goes through his back yard and in the neighborhood - deer, foxes, unusual birds, etc. I don't even see a variety of birds here where I live, and I miss it.

      Delete
  2. If you have any of that energy left, I have a few chores here at my house that you could sink your teeth into. . .(grin) Glad to see you got your MoJo back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gave me such a laugh, and I thank you for that. "A few chores", huh?

      Delete
  3. Tackling painting? Wow, now that is a chore! Glad you were able to accomplish so much today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I have two more coats of paint to go. I just hope I can finish the job!

      Delete