Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Nothing happening here!

Not much new lately.  Yesterday morning I went to the market, and left smiling.  I think the farmers who sell their wares at that market are some of the friendliest and kindest people I've ever met.   You can't help but be in a better mood when you leave than when you arrived (and I was in a pretty good mood to begin with!)

I just went straight to the gym - the weather was cool enough and I found a place to park in the shade, so didn't worry about leaving the produce in the car.  I found the same thing at the gym - smiling, friendly people.

Didn't do much for the rest of the day except try to sweep off the driveway.  I think I've mentioned that because of the orientation and location of my house, all the wind and dust and dirt blows right into my place, and the driveway is like a wind tunnel for blowing leaves and dust.  The recent rains had left unspeakable clots of dirt on my car and all over the driveway, so I set about trying to clean all that up.

I was at Costco several weeks ago and spoke in passing with a woman who was selling spas - the large porcelain kind you might have in your house (if your bathroom was large enough).  She was polishing the spa with windex and I commented on it.  In our subsequent conversation she said you could even clean your car with Windex - she said her family had always owned an automobile business and that was their secret to shiny new cars!  I don't have the energy to clean my entire car with Windex, but while getting the  grime off the windows I did use Windex on the driver's side door.  It cleaned it very well and left it sparkling and shiny.  I'd do the entire vehicle except it's a losing battle when "they" are spraying crud at least 3x a week here.  I might try doing a small part at a time though, and see if it may help repel whatever is coming down.

This morning I am really taking it easy, after getting up much later than I usually do.  The only thing I plan to do is go to the gym for my walk, so I can be as lazy as I want! 

I bought some beef marrow bones from the vendor who sells organic farm-fresh beef at market, so I think I'll get my slow cooker out and start a batch of bone broth.  That stuff is so delicious, and from what I read, it's very nutritious.  The only downside is leaving it plugged in and running overnight and when I go out.   If I had a newer house with an up-to-date electrical system I might not worry, but I'll try to not worry anyway!

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend.  Next weekend will be here in the blink of an eye, as it seems to me.

3 comments:

  1. Windex, I'll certainly give it a try. Was thinking of the tile in my shower,
    that would be great to give it a shine after wiping down.
    Will let you know if it helps..... May be a while till I do it! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found it works beautifully on the tile in my shower.

      Delete
  2. Always nice to have a day of smiling people. Never heard of windex on a car. I can't use any of those things with any amount of chemicals in them. As soon as someone sprays it I start coughing and sneezing. I'm in terrible shape at a concert if someone with perfume sits next to me or after shave.

    ReplyDelete